- 500 grams Macaroni Pasta, cooked
- 3 sprigs rosemary, leaves only
- 400 grams sweet potato, Peel the sweet potato and chop roughly
- 45 grams plain flour
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 45 grams olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 470 grams Soy or Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
Cook pasta as per normal.
Chop rosemary and set aside.
Peel the sweet potato and chop roughly and add to bowl along with garlic. Cook for 15 mins on 100 degrees speed 2.
Mash for 30 secs speed 4 (butterfly is not needed). Set aside.
Make a roux by adding oil and flour and heating for 2 min 90 degrees speed 3.
Then add mashed sweet potato, almond milk, salt, garlic, mustard, soy sauce, and lime juice to the bowl and stir for 3 or so minutes on 80 degrees speed until the sauce thickens.
Add the sauce and rosemary to pasta and toss to coat.
This tastes just like a real bechamel sauce but more delicious, more healthy and vegan!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Almond Sushi “Rice”
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Zucchini with tomato (kosa a banadoura)
- Thai Brinjal and Tomato Soup
- FODMAP Friendly Lentil Bolognaise
- Red Lentil Dahl
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spinach Pie aka Spanakopita
- Thai Green Curry Recipe With Spring Vegetables:
- TVP Bolognese (Vegan)