- 1 Brown onion, quartered
- 3-5 garlic cloves
- 1 red chilli, optional
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1 teaspoon ginger ground
- 1 teaspoon turmeric ground
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 20 g olive oil
- 190 g red lentils
- 750 g water
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can chickpeas (drained)
- 1/2 zucchini, cubed
- 1 large carrot, cubed
- 1 - 1 1/2 tablespoons Vege stock paste
- fresh lemon juice, optional
35h 0minPreparation 15h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
- put onion, garlic and chilli (if using) in bowl and chop 3 sec/sp 7
- scrape down sides
- add spices and olive oil and cook 2 minutes/Varoma/sp 1
- add rest of ingredients except lemon juice and cook 20 mins//100 degrees/sp 1
- put in thermoserver bowl and let stand covered for 5-10 minutes
- sprinkle with fresh lemon juice (if using) just before serving
- serve on rice
Accessories you need
very tasty dish, can also easily made into a vegetarian sheperd's pie!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Braised Bamboo Shoots
- Pumpkin Falafels
- Vegan Tofu Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Satay noodle salad
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes