- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup red onion
- 6 Large cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons chilli powder, more to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cans Tomatoes 400g
- 1 can Black Beans, no salt added
- 1 can KIDNEY BEANS, no salt added
- 1 cup water (or red wine)
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 cup cilantro, packed
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 1 cup celery stalks, optional
- 1-2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1-2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup Shredded Cheese, optional
- black pepper and salt, to taste
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1.Saute and chop olive oil, onion, garlic, chilli powder, cumin and cilantro for on 1 minute, 100 degrees, speed 6.
2. combine the rest of the ingredients except for the beans 10 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 6.
3. Add the beans, [optional 1 Tbs cocoa powder + 1 Tbs Balsamic vinegae] remember to reverse the blade, 5 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 6.
Serve hot with sour cream and shredded cheese.
Add 1 cup celery in the first step if you like.
Use zucchini, bell peppers and mushrooms instead of second can of beans.
Remember to reverse the blade or you will end up with a dip instead! Add another can of beans if this happens.
The whole recipe can be done with lentils.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Mild Capsicum Soup
- Zucchini and Lettuce Soup
- Vegan Moussaka
- Quick & Versatile Vegetable Fritters with Yoghurt Dressing