- 1 red onion, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 20 g olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, halved
- 100 g celery stalk
- 1 long green chilli, deseeded
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 20 g tomato paste
- 100 g green lentils, washed
- 400 g can kideny beans
- 400 g can black beans
- 1 tsp Vegetable stock paste
- 500-600 g water
Place onion and garlic in mixing bowl. Chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides.
Add olive oil and saute for 3 mins/100° C/speed 1.
Add capsicum, celery, and chilli. Chop 5 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides.
Add spices and saute 2 mins/100° C/speed 1.
Add tomato paste, lentils, beans, and vegetable stock. Add water being careful not to exceed maximum bowl capacity. Cook for 1 hour/Varoma//speed 1 with measuring cup off and simmering basket on lid to catch splatters.
Use the veggie chilli the same way you would chilli con carne or shredded beef. Use as filling for burritos, chimichangas, enchiladas, tacos etc.,
Original recipe: //www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/kerryann-s-chilli-con-veggie/#ZwBy4lp5sBldRtVl.97
Keep some of the onion aside to use in guacamole.
Drain the cans of beans using the simmering basket.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paneer kadhai masala
- Gorgonzola and Gouda Sauce
- Asian Style Mushroom Soup
- Roasted Pumpkin and Onion Ravioli
- Sicilian Eggplant Bolognese
- Chick Pea Tofu
- Veg Nachos Recipe
- Vegetarian Chickpea and Mushroom Burgers
- Chickpea stuffed zucchini
- Spicy Vegetable Chapati Wraps
- Vegetable Chow Mein
- Sweet potato and chickpea kofta curry lime dressing
- Failed Macaron/Meringue AKA Overwhipped egg white kisses
- Double Choc Chip Muffins
- Chocolate Lasagne
- Sugar Coated Nuts
- Sloppy Chocolate Mousse Tart
- Chai Pear Muffins
- Smaller Figolli (Maltese Easter Biscuits)
- Cheese and pear gnocchi
- Pumpkin and Harissa Hummus
- Mango Bar Thickshake
- Beetroot Citrus Mousse
- Red Rice and Beans