- 1 red onion, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 20 g olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, halved
- 100 g celery stalk
- 1 long green chilli, deseeded
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 20 g tomato paste
- 100 g green lentils, washed
- 400 g can kideny beans
- 400 g can black beans
- 1 tsp Vegetable stock paste
- 500-600 g water
Place onion and garlic in mixing bowl. Chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides.
Add olive oil and saute for 3 mins/100° C/speed 1.
Add capsicum, celery, and chilli. Chop 5 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides.
Add spices and saute 2 mins/100° C/speed 1.
Add tomato paste, lentils, beans, and vegetable stock. Add water being careful not to exceed maximum bowl capacity. Cook for 1 hour/Varoma//speed 1 with measuring cup off and simmering basket on lid to catch splatters.
Use the veggie chilli the same way you would chilli con carne or shredded beef. Use as filling for burritos, chimichangas, enchiladas, tacos etc.,
Original recipe: //www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/kerryann-s-chilli-con-veggie/#ZwBy4lp5sBldRtVl.97
Keep some of the onion aside to use in guacamole.
Drain the cans of beans using the simmering basket.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Satay noodle salad
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Mild Capsicum Soup
- Zucchini and Lettuce Soup
- Teriyaki salmon with rice
- Vegan espresso coconut cream caramel
- Janine's Rez B Haleeb (Rice Pudding)
- Turkish simit
- Lemon Slice
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Satay noodle salad
- Mushroom bolognese
- Oatmeal Soy Milk
- Soy bean Curd Jelly(Pudding)