- 1 red onion, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 20 g olive oil
- 1 red capsicum, halved
- 100 g celery stalk
- 1 long green chilli, deseeded
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 20 g tomato paste
- 100 g green lentils, washed
- 400 g can kideny beans
- 400 g can black beans
- 1 tsp Vegetable stock paste
- 500-600 g water
Place onion and garlic in mixing bowl. Chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides.
Add olive oil and saute for 3 mins/100° C/speed 1.
Add capsicum, celery, and chilli. Chop 5 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides.
Add spices and saute 2 mins/100° C/speed 1.
Add tomato paste, lentils, beans, and vegetable stock. Add water being careful not to exceed maximum bowl capacity. Cook for 1 hour/Varoma//speed 1 with measuring cup off and simmering basket on lid to catch splatters.
Use the veggie chilli the same way you would chilli con carne or shredded beef. Use as filling for burritos, chimichangas, enchiladas, tacos etc.,
Original recipe: //www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegetables-recipes/kerryann-s-chilli-con-veggie/#ZwBy4lp5sBldRtVl.97
Keep some of the onion aside to use in guacamole.
Drain the cans of beans using the simmering basket.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Braised Bamboo Shoots
- Pumpkin Falafels
- Vegan Tofu Ricotta Lasagna Roll Ups
- Pumpkin & Brown Rice Quiche
- Satay noodle salad
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Ejjeh (Lebanese Omelette)
- Cheesy vegan Caulisotto
- Vegan Variation Alyce Alexandra's Coconut lamb curry
- Sweet corn fritters
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Grain free chocolate mud cake cupcakes
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- French Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Mango and Coconut pudding (low sugar)
- Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry
- Satay Chicken
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Easy Batter
- Japanese style sandwich bread
- Truffle Aioli