- 500 g butternut pumpkin, cut into pieces (1 cm)
- 150 g bacon rashers, cut into pieces (2 cm)
- oil, for drizzling
- 2 tsp salt, plus extra for seasoning
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, plus extra for seasoning
- 250 g cheddar cheese, cut into pieces (3 cm)
- 1000 g water
- 300 g Macaroni Pasta
- 1 brown onion (approx. 120 g), cut into halves
- 2 garlic cloves
- 50 g Salted butter
- 500 g Milk
- 50 g plain flour
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 pinches ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp paprika, plus extra for sprinkling
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a baking tray (30 x 40 cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- Place a bowl onto mixing bowl lid and weigh pumpkin into it. Transfer onto prepared baking tray, then drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15-20 minutes (180°C) or until pumpkin is soft.
- Place cheese into mixing bowl and grate 8 sec/speed 7. Transfer into a bowl and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
- Place water into mixing bowl and heat 8 min/Varoma/speed 1.
- Add macaroni and 1 teaspoon of the salt and cook 10-15 min/90°C//speed 1 or until pasta is cooked to your liking. Drain pasta through Varoma dish and transfer into a thermal serving bowl or other large bowl. Rinse and dry mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Set aside an ovenproof dish (23 x 31 cm).
- Place onion and garlic into mixing bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- Add butter and cook 3 min/100°C/speed 1.
- Add milk, flour, mustard, nutmeg, paprika, thyme and remaining 1/4 tsp pepper and 1 tsp salt and cook 7 min/90°C/speed 3.
- Add 100 g of the reserved cheese into mixing bowl and mix 1 min/speed 2.
- Transfer sauce into bowl with pasta. Add reserved pumpkin and bacon and stir well to combine. Transfer into ovenproof dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese and paprika. Bake for 20-25 minutes (190°C) until golden brown. Serve warm.
Other users also liked...
- Tostadas - Jo Whitton
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Lotus Biscoff Spread
- Batter (for Sweet and Sour/ Honey Sesame/ fish etc)
- Applesauce muffins
- Cale's Crepes
- Layelles Too Easy Moist Date & Coconut Loaf
- Chocolate icecream
- Citrus Fruit Mamalade
- FLUFFY WHOLEMEAL ROLLS
- Pancake\Scone slice
- Lentil and chickpea soup
- Basic Chicken Noodle Soup
- Apple Fruit Jam