- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red capsicum (or green), roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 20 g olive oil
- 400 g long grain or jasmine rice
- 900 g water
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
Place garlic into bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7
Add capsicum and carrot and chop 4 sec/speed 4
Scrape down sides
Add oil and saute 3min/Varoma/speed 1
Add rice and saute 1 min/100C//speed 1.5
Add water and salt and cook 16 min/100C//briefly on speed 2 then turn down to , MC removed
Turn off and replace MC and allow to rest in TM bowl 5-10 min before transferring into Thermoserver (or serving dish).
Serve with dish of your choice (lentils, meat, curry, vegetables, sauce etc)
Accessories you need
Be careful not to leave the rice in mixing bowl more than 10 mins or the rice will be difficult to scoop out from around the blades!
To cut down cooking time use boiling water and change cooking time to 8min only.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Brown Rice and Chicken Salad with Asian style dressing
- More Again Dairy Free Carbonara
- More Again Risotto
- Prawn & Lemon Risotto
- Chicken, Spinach and Sun-dried Tomato Fettuccine
- 20 minute broccoli pesto pasta
- Lisa’s ‘Fried’ Rice
- Baked Salmon Risotto
- Chicken and prawn noodles
- Curried tuna and pasta
- Chorizo and Mushroom Risotto with Green Peas
- The Daily Mix - Bolognese Sauce
- Variation Chilli, Garlic Tomato Prawns
- Grape jelly
- Healthy Gluten Free Pikelets
- BBQ Smokey Sauce
- Best Ever Carrot Cake - Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free
- Quick Apricot & Coconut Bliss Balls - Nut & Sugar Free
- Salted Caramel Baileys, Cocopops and Nutella Milkshakes
- Pasta-less Lasagne
- Satay Sauce
- Chicken and Yoghurt Curry (Dahi Murgh)
- Velvet Chicken and Sweetcorn Soup
- Tomato Ketchup