- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red capsicum (or green), roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 20 g olive oil
- 400 g long grain or jasmine rice
- 900 g water
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
Place garlic into bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7
Add capsicum and carrot and chop 4 sec/speed 4
Scrape down sides
Add oil and saute 3min/Varoma/speed 1
Add rice and saute 1 min/100C//speed 1.5
Add water and salt and cook 16 min/100C//briefly on speed 2 then turn down to , MC removed
Turn off and replace MC and allow to rest in TM bowl 5-10 min before transferring into Thermoserver (or serving dish).
Serve with dish of your choice (lentils, meat, curry, vegetables, sauce etc)
Accessories you need
Be careful not to leave the rice in mixing bowl more than 10 mins or the rice will be difficult to scoop out from around the blades!
To cut down cooking time use boiling water and change cooking time to 8min only.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Not So Fried Rice
- Fatet chicken shawerma
- Easy Mac~n~Cheese
- Creamy tomato eggplant pasta with chorizo
- Mums best ever pasta sauce
- Pate au Pistou
- Duo Rice; Boiled Rice and Steamed Cauliflower Rice
- Garlicky Chicken and Spring Vegetable Risotto
- Variation Risotto Arrabbiata
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Variation Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)
- Variation to the variation of Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Expresso Martini with Dalgona Coffee whip
- Pumpkin Puree (with seeds and skin) for Dogs
- Rima’s Lebanese Cocktail
- Curried Buns
- Buckwheat, Flaxseed & Psyllium Bread GF
- CORN CHOWDER
- Not So Fried Rice
- Marble Butter Cake
- Dalgona Decaf Coffee Whip Low Sugar
- Aish al saraya
- Awwama (Lebanese sweet dumplings)
- Grandma's Yo-Yo's