- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red capsicum (or green), roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 20 g olive oil
- 400 g long grain or jasmine rice
- 900 g water
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
Place garlic into bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7
Add capsicum and carrot and chop 4 sec/speed 4
Scrape down sides
Add oil and saute 3min/Varoma/speed 1
Add rice and saute 1 min/100C//speed 1.5
Add water and salt and cook 16 min/100C//briefly on speed 2 then turn down to , MC removed
Turn off and replace MC and allow to rest in TM bowl 5-10 min before transferring into Thermoserver (or serving dish).
Serve with dish of your choice (lentils, meat, curry, vegetables, sauce etc)
Accessories you need
Be careful not to leave the rice in mixing bowl more than 10 mins or the rice will be difficult to scoop out from around the blades!
To cut down cooking time use boiling water and change cooking time to 8min only.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Butternut pumpkin and vegetable macaroni cheese pasta bake
- Variation Chicken, Chorizo & Mushroom Risotto
- Chicken Kiev Pasta Bake
- Mediterranean risotto
- Coconut rice my way ( with a little help from the TM5)
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- ThermoKitchen Seasoned Sushi Rice
- Kyiden’s Mac n’ Cheese
- Salmon and pea spaghetti with pumpkin cream
- Chorizo and Tomato Risotto
- Mum's simple bolognese sauce
- 2 in 1 chicken corn soup and baby food
- Chocolate fondant cake
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Basil pesto
- Creamy spiced yoghurt dressing
- Smokey Bacon Dip
- Meatballs with Sauce & Veggie Noodles
- Surf & Turf Seafood Sauce
- Slow Cooked Curried Mince
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Lemonade Scones
- Honey Sriracha Marinade