- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red capsicum (or green), roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 20 g olive oil
- 400 g long grain or jasmine rice
- 900 g water
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
Place garlic into bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7
Add capsicum and carrot and chop 4 sec/speed 4
Scrape down sides
Add oil and saute 3min/Varoma/speed 1
Add rice and saute 1 min/100C//speed 1.5
Add water and salt and cook 16 min/100C//briefly on speed 2 then turn down to , MC removed
Turn off and replace MC and allow to rest in TM bowl 5-10 min before transferring into Thermoserver (or serving dish).
Serve with dish of your choice (lentils, meat, curry, vegetables, sauce etc)
Accessories you need
Be careful not to leave the rice in mixing bowl more than 10 mins or the rice will be difficult to scoop out from around the blades!
To cut down cooking time use boiling water and change cooking time to 8min only.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Risotto Arrabbiata
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Variation Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)
- Variation to the variation of Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- Pasta Alla Norma
- Chicken spinach and basil dumplings
- Salmon Mornay with rice
- Spaghetti Bolognese Hidden vegetables
- Char Kuey Teow
- Variation Butternut pumpkin and vegetable macaroni cheese pasta bake
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- French Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- All in one apple, carrot and blueberry cake
- Zuchinni, rice slice
- Mango and Coconut pudding (low sugar)
- Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry
- Satay Chicken
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy