- 500 grams chicken breast
- 500 grams yoghurt, +2 table spoon for marinate
- 1 level tbsp Shawarma spices, Spices
- to taste salt
- 150 g onion
- 100 grams red capsicum
- 30 grams oil
- 2 slices Lebanese bread
- 1 piece lemon
- 1 cloves garlic
- 1 level teaspoons tahini
- 300 grams basmati rice
- 50 grams pine nuts
- 50 grams slivered almonds
- 2 level tbsp chicken stock paste
- 20 grams Butter
5h 15minPreparation 5h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Slice chicken in strips
add 2 tbsp yogurt shawerma spices garlic and squeeze lemon on top marinate or 4 hours or over night
- Add 1000 grams water
- 30 gram butter
- 2 tbsp chicken stock paste
- Insert simmering basket, add rice and mix with spatula
- Place marinated chicken in top level of varoma and place baking paper in the bottom varoma leaving vents open. Put the varoma on top of the jug set to 25 minutes varoma heat speed 4.
- While cooking cut up Lebanese bread in spuares place in baking tray drizzle with oil of choice and bake in 160 degrees oven until golden. (you can also deep fry if you like) if in oven mix half way though.
Prep the yogurt with half a clove of minced garlic salt and tahini mix well.
Cook the nuts in butter until Golden
Once the rice and chicken have finished cooking put aside in a thermal container to keep hot.
Poor water out of mixing bowl ad onion and chop on speed 5 for 5 seconds.
Add 30 grams oil and cook for 7 minutes, on speed 2 while that is cooking slice up capsicum into thin strips, add to bowl in the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Mix the onion and capsicum with the chicken.
Now to layer
add the bread followed by the yoghurt add the rice top with chicken and the handful of nuts.
You can use less yoghurt if preferred
spices can be adjusted to liking
if chicken stock paste not available chicken stock liquid can be used.
bread can also be prepped in advanced and stored in an air tight container
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Massaman Curry Paste
- Coffee Scroll Biscuits
- CRUMBLE CAKE WITH CUSTARD AND FRUIT (STREUSELKUCHEN)
- Moist & Light Chocolate Cupcakes with chocolate buttercream icing
- Peanut crusted chicken
- Banana and walnut muffins
- Cinnamon scrolls
- Leftover Chicken Burgers - Using Leftover Cooked Chicken
- Chicken Fricassee (great with Smoked Chicken)
- Chorizo Risotto
- Courgette Flan