- 500 grams chicken breast
- 500 grams yoghurt
- 1 level tbsp Shawarma spices, Spices
- to taste salt
- 120 g onion
- 100 grams red capsicum, add less if kids don't like them
- 30 grams oil
- 2 slices Lebanese bread, fried or baked
- 1 cloves garlic
- 1 level teaspoons tahini
- 200 grams basmati rice
- 50 grams pine nuts, optional
- 50 grams slivered almonds, optional
- 2 level tbsp chicken stock paste
- 20 grams Butter, option if using nuts.
5h 15minPreparation 5h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
- Slice chicken in strips
Add shawerma spices and capsicum.
- slice onion and saute for 5 minutes in mixing bowl.
than mix with chicken place chicken in Varoma.
- with out washing bowl Add 1000 grams water
- Insert simmering basket, add rice and mix with spatula add shawarma spices 1tbsp and chiken stock paste mix well.
- . Put the varoma on top of the mixing bowl set to 25 minutes varoma heat speed 4.
- While cooking cut up Lebanese bread in spuares place in baking tray drizzle with oil of choice and bake in 160 degrees oven until golden. (you can also deep fry if you like) if in oven mix half way though.
- Prep the yogurt with half a clove of minced garlic salt and tahini mix well.
Cook the nuts in butter until Golden
Once the rice and chicken have finished cooking put aside in a thermal container to keep hot.
- Now to layer
add the bread followed by rice than yogurt and than chicken followed by nuts.
Accessories you need
You can use less yoghurt if preferred
spices can be adjusted to liking
if chicken stock paste not available chicken stock liquid can be used.
bread can also be prepped in advanced and stored in an air tight container
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken rice paste
- Tuna Risotto
- Amazing Mac and cheese
- My kids favourite Bolognese
- Quick and Easy Mac and Cheese
- Spaghetti and meatballs
- Zesty Middle Eastern Pearl Couscous
- Mee Rebus
- Lou's Best Lasagna ... EVER!!!
- Thai chicken curry risotto
- Tagliatelle with Saffron, Prawn, Mushrooms and Cream
- Lasanha de espinafres
- Cheesy Knefeh
- loubya with tomato (loubya a banadoura)
- Zucchini with tomato (kosa a banadoura)
- Lotus biscuit kenef
- EJJA ( Lebanese Egg Fritters)
- Pistachio mafrouke with clotted cream
- Cream and caramel Kunfa cups.
- Chicken lasagne
- Houda’s kid friendly potato salad
- Mjadra (lentil rice)
- Kaak bkhamis (Thursday bread)
- Aish al saraya