- 1 Spanish onion, Cut into quarters
- 2 cloves garlic
- 6 sprigs parsley, Leaves only
- 1 tablespoon TM vegetable stock concentrate
- 1000 grams cold water
- 2 Lamb Shanks
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 carrot, Roughly chopped
- 1 sweet potato, Roughly Chopped
- 40g red wine
- 200 grams arborio rice
- 200g jar Crushed tomatos
- 100 grams Parmesan cheese, block
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 20 grams EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
1h 15minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Place Parmesan Cheese in bowl and Mill 15 sec/ Speed 9, set aside.
Chop Red onion, garlic and parsley 2 sec/ Speed 7, scrape down sides of bowl. Add EVOO and Saute 2 mins/90 deg/ Speed 1.
Add to bowl -TM Vegetable Stock, 500g Water, red wine and jar of crushed tomatos. Place Varoma on top with Lamb Shanks (Slice Shanks to the bone to make steaming time quicker) and top with Rosemany. Cook 15 mins /Varoma / Speed 1.
Add Simmer basket with carrots and sweet potato, with Shanks still in varoma on top cook for further 30 mins/ Varoma/ Speed 1 or until shanks are cooked.
Remove Shanks (let cool for 5 mins) then strip off meat and chunk chop.
Remove simmer basket with vegetables and tip into bowl carefully.
Add Arborio rice, 500g water and lamb chunks and cook 17 mins/ 90 deg/ "Counter-clockwise operation" / Speed 2.
When cooking is finished, tip into thermoserver and cover with lid for another 5 mins.
Serve with Grated Parmesan to taste.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mee Rebus
- Lou's Best Lasagna ... EVER!!!
- Thai chicken curry risotto
- Tagliatelle with Saffron, Prawn, Mushrooms and Cream
- Lasanha de espinafres
- Creamy bolognese risoni
- Bacon Mushroom Tomato Risoni Pasta
- Basilico Spago
- Sundried Tomato and Basil Chicken pasta salad
- Vegan Alfredo sauce
- Chicken and Corn Risotto
- Vegetable Stew with Risoni