- 1 brown onion, Peeled & cut in half
- 1 large clove garlic, Peeled
- 2 heaped tsp sesame oil
- 2 level tbsp stock paste
- 2 heaped tbsp tamari
- 500 g boneless skinless chicken thigh or breast, Cut into strips approx 1cm thick
- 1 Carrot (large), Cut into 3cm pieces
- 100 g frozen peas
- 125 g fresh bean sprouts
- 300 g basmati rice
- 1 level tsp salt
- 1000 g Boiling water
- 2 eggs, Whole
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place carrot into mixing bowl. Chop 4secs/spd 5.
Tranfer into a separate bowl.
Place onion & garlic into mixing bowl. Chop 3sec/spd 5
Scrape down sides of the bowl.
Add olive oil, sesame oil, stock paste & tamari.
- While sautéing, put kettle on to boil & line Varoma tray with wet scrunched baking paper.
Add the chicken strips to the onion mixture in the bowl.
Stir with a spatula to combine
Pour the chicken mixture onto the lined Varoma tray
Without washing the bowl add salt.
Insert steamer basket.
Weigh in rice into basket.
Pour in boiling water over rice and into the bowl.
Place Varoma dish into position.
Add carrots, weigh in peas & add whole eggs (In the shell).
Make a well in the centre.
- Place Varoma tray into position and weigh in bean sprouts evenly over the chicken.
- Cook 15/min/Varoma/spd3.
Place rice into a large bowl.
Carefully pour the chicken mixture & all the sauce into the rice.
Using a spoon, lift out the eggs & cool under cold water.
Stir carrots & peas through rice & chicken mixture.
Add peeled, chopped eggs
- garnish with coriander
200g marinated tofu can be used instead of chicken.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spaghetti Bolognese Hidden vegetables
- Char Kuey Teow
- Variation Butternut pumpkin and vegetable macaroni cheese pasta bake
- Variation Chicken, Chorizo & Mushroom Risotto
- Chicken Kiev Pasta Bake
- Mediterranean risotto
- Coconut rice my way ( with a little help from the TM5)
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- ThermoKitchen Seasoned Sushi Rice
- Kyiden’s Mac n’ Cheese
- Salmon and pea spaghetti with pumpkin cream
- Chorizo and Tomato Risotto
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Superhealthy Kids' Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Cheat's Cream cheese (Philly cheese substitute)
- Cheats kousa
- Char Kuey Teow
- The Thermomixing Mum Playdough
- Chocolate and mixed berry muffins
- Left Over Porridge Bread
- Tasty Seedy Crackers