- 1 onion, Peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic, Peeled
- 4 sprigs parsley, Leaves only
- 20 grams olive oil
- 20 grams Dried Porcini Mushrooms, Rinsed and then soaked in 125mls hot water
- 300 grams mushrooms, fresh, Sliced
- 1.5 --- brown rice, 1.5 cups
- 375 grams Almond milk
- 125 grams Water reserved from dried mushrooms
- 500 grams water, Boiling
- 1-2 tablespoons Vegetable stock paste, From EDC book
- 150 grams peas, Frozen, baby
1. Rinse dried mushrooms and cover with 125mls hot tap water and allow to rehydrate for 20 minutes. Drain and reserve liquid and set aside. Roughly chop rehydrated mushrooms and set aside.
2. Place onion, garlic and parsley in Thermomix bowl and chop 4 seconds, speed 7
3. Scrape down sides, add oil and sauté varoma temp, 3 mins, speed 1
4. Add fresh mushrooms and cook for a further 2 mins, REVERSE speed 1, varoma temp
5. Add rice, rehydrated dried mushrooms and their reserved liquid, almond milk, boiling water, vegetable stock and cook for 45 minutes, REVERSE, speed , 100 degrees. (Wit's measuring cup removed and simmering basket on the lid)
6. Add peas and cook for a further 5 minutes
I designed this dairy free "creamy" recipe so that I could still enjoy risotto with my dietary needs! So easy and delicious! A cheap meat free Monday meal!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Mac~n~Cheese
- Creamy tomato eggplant pasta with chorizo
- Mums best ever pasta sauce
- Pate au Pistou
- Duo Rice; Boiled Rice and Steamed Cauliflower Rice
- Garlicky Chicken and Spring Vegetable Risotto
- Variation Risotto Arrabbiata
- Vegan Pasta Carbonara
- Variation Cajun Dirty Rice (with Chorizo and Shrimp)
- Variation to the variation of Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- Pasta Alla Norma