- 150 grams brown rice
- 150 grams quinoa
- 300 grams mixed vegetables (to steam), eg pumpkin, sweet potato, beetroot, zucchini, beans
- 200 grams fresh vegetables, e.g. cherry tomatoes, cucumber, snow peas, capsicum
- 1 can Chickpeas
- 100 grams Kalamata Olives
- 100 grams feta or goats cheese
- 50 grams soy sauce
- 50 grams olive oil
- 50 grams lemon juice
- 1 bunch Fresh herbs, e.g parsley, mint, basil
- 80 grams Cashews
- 80 grams almonds
Rinse brown rice and place in simmering basket.
Rinse quinoa well under cold water. Place in simmering basket with rice.
Add 900 gms water to TM bowl.
Add chopped vegetables to steam into varoma dish. Place varoma on top of TM bowl.
Check rice and vegetables to ensure they are cooked . Place rice, quinoa and vegetables into serving bowl. Rinse TM bowl
Add nuts to TM bowl. Chop 4 secs/Sp4. Add to serving bowl
Add herbs to TM bowl. Chop 5 secs/Sp5. Add olive oil, soy sauce and lemon juice to TM bowl. Mix 5 secs/sp 4.
Add olives, cheese and chickpeas to serving bowl.
Pour dressing over salad and serve
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
If you have excess cooked rice/quinoa you can freeze this for another time
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation to the variation of Chunky Spaghetti Bolognese
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- Pasta Alla Norma
- Chicken spinach and basil dumplings
- Salmon Mornay with rice
- Spaghetti Bolognese Hidden vegetables
- Char Kuey Teow
- Variation Butternut pumpkin and vegetable macaroni cheese pasta bake
- Variation Chicken, Chorizo & Mushroom Risotto
- Chicken Kiev Pasta Bake
- Mediterranean risotto
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Cheesy green capsicum chicken
- Quinoa, Chickpea & Spinach Balls in Tomato Sauce
- Gluten Free Anzac Biscuits
- Spicy Mexican Bowl with Avocado
- Adaption of Ambitious Kitchen's Moroccan Chickpea Quinoa Salad
- Mushroom & Vegetable Quinotto (Vegetarian)
- Steamed chicken quinoa vegetable soup
- Spicy Kale and quinoa salad
- Ham and Cheese Gluten Free Quinoa Muffins (Dairy Free Variations)
- Baby Food - Quinoa and Apple Puree
- Gluten Free Choc Chip Cookies