- 150 grams brown rice
- 150 grams quinoa
- 300 grams mixed vegetables (to steam), eg pumpkin, sweet potato, beetroot, zucchini, beans
- 200 grams fresh vegetables, e.g. cherry tomatoes, cucumber, snow peas, capsicum
- 1 can Chickpeas
- 100 grams Kalamata Olives
- 100 grams feta or goats cheese
- 50 grams soy sauce
- 50 grams olive oil
- 50 grams lemon juice
- 1 bunch Fresh herbs, e.g parsley, mint, basil
- 80 grams Cashews
- 80 grams almonds
Rinse brown rice and place in simmering basket.
Rinse quinoa well under cold water. Place in simmering basket with rice.
Add 900 gms water to TM bowl.
Add chopped vegetables to steam into varoma dish. Place varoma on top of TM bowl.
Check rice and vegetables to ensure they are cooked . Place rice, quinoa and vegetables into serving bowl. Rinse TM bowl
Add nuts to TM bowl. Chop 4 secs/Sp4. Add to serving bowl
Add herbs to TM bowl. Chop 5 secs/Sp5. Add olive oil, soy sauce and lemon juice to TM bowl. Mix 5 secs/sp 4.
Add olives, cheese and chickpeas to serving bowl.
Pour dressing over salad and serve
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
If you have excess cooked rice/quinoa you can freeze this for another time
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quinoa with mixed greens and yoghurt dressing
- Choc Nut Slice Low FODMAP
- Quinoa and Salmon Pumpkin Salad
- Wild Rice and Cashew Salad
- Quinoa, silverbeet and feta soda bread
- Quinoa Biscuits
- Chocolate quinoa cake with peanut butter frosting
- Moroccan Vegiful Quinoa Salad
- ThermoMonts Quinoa Crackers
- Pork and Fennel Quinoa Meatballs
- Chicken Enchilada Quinoa
- Broccoli and Lemon Soup topped with Goats Feta and Seeds