- 120 grams Tasty cheese
- 60 grams pamersan cheese
- 45 grams plain flour
- 50 grams Butter
- .1/2 teaspoon salt
- 500 grams Milk
- 400 grams Dried Elbow Pasta, Add or Subtract to your own judgement
- 240 g Tasty cheese
- 100 g panko bread crumbs
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Start by boilng saucepan of water for pasta, season water. Add dried pasta when boiling.
Add both tasty and pamersan cheese to Thermomix Bowl and grate 5 Secs/Speed 8. Add all ingredients and cook 7 - 8 Mins/Speed 3/90 Degrees.
Once completed and pasta is cooked, drain pasta and drop back into saucepan. Add Cheese sauce to pasta and carefully combine. Serve....
I have cooked double the mixture a couple of times now. It just fits in the Bowl and is great for a big feed if having heaps of kids/big kids around. When chopping the cheese....leave it go for about 15 seconds and make sure to cook the sauce for at least 16 mins. The sauce covers 800gs of elbow pasta perfectly anymore and I find it doesnt cover enough and becomes kind of cluggy. But make sure you dont use anything but good plain flour and most definitely don't use pre grated cheese as the anticaking agent in grated cheese clogs up the sauce and trust me....its tastes so much better when made from the block for both type of cheeses
I cant stress enough how much the best quality cheese you can get makes such a difference with this dish. Mix it up also....try some different types of cheese to create different flavours!!
Im chuffed everyone loves this Mac & Cheese....thankyou to everyone who is leaving comments and raiting it.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy-Peasy Macaroni Cheese(y)
- Creamy Bacon Carbonara
- Family Spag Bowl
- Brown Rice and Chicken Salad with Asian style dressing
- More Again Dairy Free Carbonara
- More Again Risotto
- Prawn & Lemon Risotto
- Chicken, Spinach and Sun-dried Tomato Fettuccine
- 20 minute broccoli pesto pasta
- Lisa’s ‘Fried’ Rice
- Baked Salmon Risotto
- Chicken and prawn noodles
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- 3 Ingredient Easy Lemon Tarts
- Lucuma Ice Cream
- Vegan Smokey split pea and ham soup adapted from Catching Seeds
- Lemon Marshmallow Slice
- White Chocolate Berry Friands
- Zucchini and corn fritters
- Variation Palacinke (Croatian Crepes)
- Kels Saucy Mexican Seasoning or Taco/Nacho Mix
- Vegan clone Kaffir Lime Curry
- SAUERKRAUT WITH RASPBERRY + THYME