- 40 grams tahini
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 400 grams Chickpeas, drained & Rinsed (one tin), or soak and cook your own
- juice of 1 - 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon coriander ground
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle, ground, add less if you prefer or smoked paprika
- 50 grams EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 1ts salt, or to taste
- Cracked Pepper to taste
Place garlic into TM bowl & process 2 secs on speed 7.
Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
Add all remaining ingredients & chop for 5 -10 secs on Speed 5, stop & scrape down the bowl & repeat, until desired consistency is reached.
Sprinkle with extra paprika & a drizzle of olive oil to serve.
Top with caramalised garlic or onions
Roast a whole bulb of garlic & used the cooled roasted garlic flesh for a roasted garlic hummus
Pumpkin version - add roasted pumpkin & roasted garlic
Beetroot hummus -add 1 fresh or roasted beetroot
Orange zest & orange juice with pomegranite molasses
Spicy chilli - add fresh chilli
Avocado - add flesh from 1 avocado & use avocado oil & some fresh corriander.
You can make your own tahini using sesame seeds & a little sesame oil as per vegetarian cookbook recipe.
Mill your own spices to make it even tastier.
For a smoother dip add a couple of ice cubes with all the remaining ingredients.
This recipe is so popular it is featured in the Garlic Feast Cookbook //www.garlicfeast.com/ along with Arwen's favourite variations.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Indulgent Cream Cheese Brownies
- Charlie's Vanilla Bean Paste
- Charlie's Spicy Prawn & Pumpkin Soup
- Vanilla Bean Custard- Arwen's version
- Mayonnaise Free Coleslaw - Arwen's version
- Arwen's Fresh Fruit Sorbet
- Pizza Bianca with Rosemary & Garlic
- Rosey & Arwen's Spanish Surprise Breakfast Muffins
- Buckwheat Dinner Rolls - Arwen's tweaked version
- Charlie's Creme Caramel
- Erica & Arwen's Apricot & Hazelnut Hot Cross Buns
- Charlie's Quince Jelly
- Turkish simit
- Lemon Slice
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Chinese Cabbage and Pork Bun
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- Traditional buttery mash potato
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Hearty Ginger Slice
- Chicken spinach and basil dumplings
- Dulce de Leche/Caramel thumb-print cookies
- Tasty Shepherds Pie