- 500 grams ripe tomatoes
- 1 apple
- 90 grams vinegar
- 70 grams sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon All spice, ground cloves, pepper & cinnamon
1. Chop tomatoes into quarters and remove the bit the stem connected to. Leave skin on and seeds in. Remove apple core and chop in quarters.
2. Place tomatoes, apple, vinegar and salt into thermomix. Cook 100 degrees, speed 2 for 30 minutes. Cap off.
3. Blitz sauce. Speed 4 for 30 seconds.
4. Add sugar and spices. Cook 100 degrees, speed 2 for 30 seconds.
If if you're going to start consuming this straight away put in a clean 500ml jar with lid and store in fridge. If storing this sauce process as you would other preserves. My chosen method is the fowler method.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.