- 500 g shortcut bacon, cut into quarters
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 red onion, quartered
- 15 g extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 250 g strong brewed espresso coffee (1 cup)
- 80 g apple cider vinegar
- 80 g Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add the bacon, garlic and onion to the mixer bowl and chop 4 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down and add oil. Cook varoma, 15 minutes, speed soft, .
2. Scrape down and add the remaining ingredients. Cook varoma, 20 minutes, speed soft, , with the simmering basket on top instead of the MC.
3. Scrape down the bowl and add 1/4 cup of water and cook for 15 minutes, varoma, speed soft, , with the simmering basket on top instead of the MC.
4. Once cooked transfer to steralised jars and allow to cool on the bench before storing in the fridge.
Store in the fridge for up to 3 months.
For a smokier flavour dice the bacon and fry on a pan until crispy. Chop the garlic and onion in the Thermomix and cook for 5 minutes with the oil before adding the crispy bacon and continuing from step 2. At the end you may want to puree the jam of cooking this method te reduce chunkiness.
- on toast with avocado and a paoched egg
- mix with spreadable cream cheese for a yummy dip
- make bacon jam, avocado and feta puff pasty parcels
- add to your favourite burger
- score a turkish loaf in a grid and in the gaps place garlic butter, bacon jam, avocado and parmesan and bake in a moderate oven for 12 to 15 minutes
- spoon into mushrooms and top with feta and bake in a moderate oven for 20 minutes
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Balinese Corn Fritters
- Snickers Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Chai Doughnuts
- White Chocolate and Blueberry Cake with Lemon Glaze
- Pumpkin Lasagne
- Pork and Fennel Quinoa Meatballs
- Vegan Bounty Bars
- Salted Peanut-Butter Cookie Squares
- Balinese Pork Curry
- Choc Pecan Slice
- Peach and Macadamia Bliss Balls
- Chicken Cheese and Bacon Sausage Rolls
- FISH FILLETS 'ALLO STILE GENNARO CONTALDO'
- TURKEY & ZUCCHINI BURGERS WITH SUMAC
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- French Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Truffle Aioli
- Braised Jew Fish
- Christmas Salad
- Variation Risotto Arrabbiata