- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 red onion
- 1 Granny Smith Apple
- 420 grams ripe tomatoes, halved
- 3 or 6 fresh plums or tinned plums, stoned and halved
- 100 or 80 grams raw sugar, depending on fresh or tinned
- 1 tablespoons smoky paprika
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, (home made if possible)
- 2 tablespoons Italian tomato paste
- 100 grams organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 bay leaf
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Put garlic, onion and apple into TM bowl, chop for 3 seconds on speed 7.
Add tomatoes and plums, mix for 20 seconds speed 7.
Add all other ingredients and cook for 30 mins, at 100C on speed 1, with the MC in place.
After 30 mins, cook for a further 14 mins, Varoma, speed 1 with the steamer basket in place (no MC).
Once cooked, insert MC into lid, blend 1 min, speed 4, increasing gradually to speed 8 or 9.
Pour into sterilized jars, and label.
As previously mentioned, if plums are out of season just use tinned ones, and cut back on the sugar, increasing plums from 3 to 6.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Healthy chicken burgers
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- French Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Zuchinni, rice slice
- Gluten Free Shortcrust Pastry
- Satay Chicken
- Mexican Lasagne - adapted from the Healthy Mummy
- Easy Batter
- Dee's Magnificent Shortbread