- 5 g olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 carrot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 400 g water, (less will make a thicker sauce, but HOTTER)
- 10 habanero chillis, seeded and roughly chopped (more or less chillis based on the heat level you desire, include seeds if you want it fiery.)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, (or orange juice)
- 3 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 100 g approx. OPTIONAL papayas, prickly pear fruit or mango, (I have used one mango one time and 100g pineapple another)
Add oil and garlic to TM bowl
Chop 3 secs on Speed 7
Sauté 3 mins, 100o, speed 1
Add the onion and carrots
Chop 3 secs, Speed 7
Add water and cook 20mins., 100o, Speed 1
Add habaneros, optional fruits, lime juice and salt to the carrot mixture.
Blend 1 min., gradually increasing to Speed 9
Pour into sterilized bottles or jars and seal.
Keep refrigerated (or freeze).
I found this recipe on the internet because my husband had grown lots of habaneros.
The recipe seems to be very flexible e.g. you can easily vary the type of chillis used, the heat (add more chillis or leave seeds in), thickness and the fruit included. Some people even added spices.
Thanks David04 - whoever you are.
Recipe by David04 - http://www.food.com/recipe/belizean-style-habanero-sauce-hot-sauce-440697
'He says “ My all time favorite is Marie Sharp's. Nothing can beat the combination of heat and flavor. My wife was born in Belize and she introduced me to Marie Sharp and she gave us a tour of her factory outside Dangriga, Belize”.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Dutch Oven Bread (crunchy crust) *** WARNING - THIS BREAD NEEDS 12 HOURS OR OVERNIGHT TO RISE!!!
- Knafeh (Middle Eastern Custard Dessert)
- Chocolate Grand Marnier Truffles
- Spiced Beetroot & Orange Chutney
- Pina Colada Sorbet
- Vegetable Curry - Pav Bhaji Style
- Prawns Diablo
- Meatballs and Pine Nuts in Tomato Sauce (similar to Dawood Baasha)
- Tan Slice (Sticky Caramel)
- Mushroom and Cheese Dip
- Walnut Bread Rolls (Danish Style)
- Pumpkin Soup with Peanut Butter
- Banoffee Porridge
- THAI STYLE PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE
- Sweet and sour pork with steamed rice
- Keto Ice Cream
- Chicken & Creamed Corn Soup
- Raspberry and Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie
- Kick-ass Cheddar Cheese and Jalapeño Biscuits
- Eggless edible cookie dough
- Meringue Cupcakes "skuimpies"
- Hunker Begendi
- Stuffed Capsicums with Tomato, Mince & Rice
- Creamy Bacon & Pesto Pasta Sauce