- 600 grams Blackberries
- 1.5 Green Apples, sliced, cored with skin on
- 350-450 grams sugar, Amount will depend on how tart your blackberries are.
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add blackberries and apple slices into thermomix bowl.
2. If desired, chop blackberries and apple for 5 seconds/spd 5
3. Add sugar and then cook for 30 minutes/varoma/spd 1.5 with simmering basket in place of MC.
4. At the end of cooking time, do a cold plate test to test Jam consistency. If jam isn't set, cook for an additional 10 minutes/varoma/Spd 1.5. After 10 minutes, retest Jam consistency. This can be repeated for up to 30 minutes if required.
5. If desired, once Jam has cooled to 70 degrees, blitz 5-10 seconds/spd 5-7. This will give a smoother consisteny.
6. Pour Jam into a warm sterilised jar
adding the sugar last helps the Jam not to stick to the bottom of the bowl.
I have used fresh blackberries to make this. You could use frozen but may need to increase the cooking time. I have made up the quantities for this recipe but the method is based from Tenina's Strawberry and Vanilla Jam recipe with my own adaptation to it.
I put my jars in the over for the last 10 minutes of cooking time on 100 degrees to warm
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.