- 500 grams chicken livers
- 1 pinch Thyme, (less if dried)
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 bayleaf
- 50 grams brandy
- 2 cloves garlic
- 100 grams onion, (peeled & quartered)
- 50 grams Butter
- 300 grams lean diced veal, (all sinew removed)
- 30 grams tomato paste
- 75 grams cream
- salt and white pepper
- 15-30 grams green peppercorns, dried, (tinned or bottled and drained)
- 4-6 cubes ice, (small)
- 400 grams Port Wine
- 1 tablespoon Gelatine powder
1. Clean chicken livers by removing sinew from them and cut roughly into 3-4 pieces each. Put in a bowl to marinate with mixed spice, thyme, pepper, bay leaf and brandy.
2. Put garlic and onion into TM bowl and chop for 5 sec on speed 6. Scrape down and repeat if necessary. Scrape down add butter and sauté 4 min on 100 degrees at speed 1.
3. Add diced veal and cook 2 min Varoma temp on reverse speed 1.
4. Add chicken liver mix, tomato paste, cream and salt then blend 20 sec (or until smooth) on speed 7. Now cook 4 min, 100 degrees on speed 4. When finished add 6-4-6 small ice cubes for about 15 sec on speed 3 with MC off to prevent mixture from overcooking. Now add green peppercorns and incorporate at in reverse at speed 3 for 5-10 seconds. Taste and add S&P if necessary.
5. Now spoon into serving dishes (does about 12 cocottes) and press down and put in fridge to cool.
Port Wine Jelly
Once cool put port wine into TM bowl and heat 4 min, 90 degrees at speed 1. Remove lid and sprinkle gelatine on liquid (avoid centre if possible) and now stir 20 sec speed 3 until fully dissolved. Pour into a jug and allow to cool for 5 mins before pouring over individual pates to seal. Return to fridge to set and once set cover with cling film.
Accessories you need
Serve with warm toast for an entree or with water crackers for a party.
Ideal for those suffering low iron levels.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Kids Bubble cups
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Chocolate, chia & ginger cookies
- Raw Caramel Nut Slice
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Beetroot and Feta Tart
- Hawaiian Rolls
- Pistachio rose lemon semolina cake by Layelle
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Homemade Ricotta Herb Dip
- Raw Jaffa Slice
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies