- 100 g chestnuts
- 25 g raw sugar
- 20 g water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 100 g milk or dark chocolate broken into pieces, depending on how sweet you want it
- 30 g Cacao or cocoa powder, if using milk chocolate the cacao gives a richer chocolate flavour
- 70 g Butter, homemade from the EDC is nice to use here
- 100 g full cream milk
Cut an 'X' into the flat side of each chestnut shell.
Place chestnuts in a single layer on a sheet of baking paper and roast in your oven at 180 degrees for around 15 minutes, (stiring around after 10 minutes) until the shell starts to peel back (the more they are curled back the easier they will be to peel).
Put peeled chestnuts, sugar and water into the Thermomix bowl and cook at 25 min/100 deg/speed 1.
Stir in vanilla on 10 sec/speed 1.
Strain the chestnuts using the TM basket collecting the liquid into a separate bowl. Set liquid aside.
Mill chestnuts for 30 sec/speed 7 or until a smooth paste.
Add reserved liquid gradually until the desired puree consistency is reached mixing speed 4.
(I have posted this recipe in larger quanitites if you would like to make in advance and use for other recipes like my chocolate chestnut cake - //www.recipecommunity.com.au/baking-sweet-recipes/sweet-chestnut-pu...)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Green Tomato Chutney
- Musk Sticks
- Roast Veggie (leftovers) Soup
- Yorkshire Pudding
- Army Green 'Wake Me Up' Smoothie
- Curried (leftover) sausages with rice and veggies
- Chiko Rolls River Cottage Style
- Camembert Rolls
- Chocolate and Chestnut Cake
- Sweet Chestnut Puree
- Egg & Dairy Free Choc Muffins
- Peach and Almond Crumble
- Black Bean Brownies - dairy and gluten free
- Clean Snickers Slice
- Fettuccini Boscaiola
- Bertha's "St. Patrick's" Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes
- White Sauce for lasagna
- Autumn Pear cake
- Spicy turmeric latte
- Golden syrup spice cookies
- Taro and sago
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Mexican-Inspired Baked Chicken Wraps with Avocado Dip
- Varoma Rhubarb