- 750 gram Chokoes
- 375 gram onions
- 65 gram salt
- 650 gram Brown malt vinegar
- 500 gram brown sugar
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 2 pinches ground ginger
- Half green capsicum
- 250 gram Plain Flour.
1h 10minPreparation 20minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Sterilise jars and lids in a large pot of boiling water for ten minutes.
2.Peel chokoes and onions , chop in 2 batches on speed 7 for 2-3 seconds. Check and repeat if required remembering that you need the consistency of these vegies to be chunky.
3.Tip vegies out of TM bowl and into a large basin, sprinkle vegies with salt and cover with water. Cover bowl and stand overnight.
4. Drain vegetables and rinse in cold water.
5. Place brown vinegar and sugar into the TM bowl at 80C/Speed 4/20 minutes or until the sugar is dissolved.
6. Add remaining ingredients except flour. Mix 5 seconds/reverse/Speed 4.
7. Cook 20 minutes/100C/speed 1.
8. Mix flour with a small amount of water & add to TM bowl.
9. Cook ten minutes/75C//Speed 1.
10. Pour into hot sterilised jars.
Pre Soak Vegies:
Jars need to be HOT when the pickles are poured into them otherwise there is a chance the jars may explode on contact with the hot pickles.
Once filled, jars should be turned upside down to stand on their lid until they cool as this helps them to seal properly.
Any assortment of chopped vegetables can b e used in addition to or in place of, the chokoes in this recipe.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Corn and Zucchini Fritters with Chives (Gluten Free)
- Broccoli cheese bites
- Veg biryani
- Pate au Pistou
- FAILSAFE PIZZA POCKETS
- Real Deli Chicken
- Failsafe No-mato Sauce
- Supersoft Bread
- Variation Never Fail Fluffy Bread
- Mini Cheese and bacon rolls- pie maker
- Ouma's Banana bread
- Steamed Asian greens with a Honey, Soy and ginger sauce