- 1000 grams tomatoes
- 500 grams Spanish onions, Quartered
- 1 --- red capsicum, cut in quarters and seeds removed
- 1 --- red chilli, cut in half with seeds
- 150 grams raw sugar
- 250 grams apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon madras curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons Corn Flour, Add more for thicker consistency
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add Onions & Chilli to , 5 Sec / Speed 5
Scrape the side of the bowl
- Add Tomatoes & Capsicum to , 3 Sec / Speed 5
- Add All remaining ingredients to , 5 sec / Speed 3
- Cook 30 Minutes / Temp 100 / 2
- Transfer into dry clean jars (I used 350ml size jars), close lid & let cool down before refregirating.
This recipe will make a chunky and runny style relish.
If you like your relish thicker, add more corn Flour (but it will thicken slightly once cooled)
If you know your Chillis well, add the amount that would suit your taste. Our Chillis are from the garden & quite strong, so 1 chilli is plenty and give it a nice kick.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation of Tomato Chutney (similar to Beerenberg's) For all TM's
- Hazelate (hazelnut & chocolate spread)
- Hot Chilli Jam
- Capsicum Relish
- Tuna Dip
- Zingy lime and lemon marmalade
- Quince relish for Irina
- Easy homemade onion gravy
- Nanny's Bolognese Sauce
- White Sauce for lasagna
- Smoked Trout Dip
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)