THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 kg of ripe tomatoes, washed and chopped in half
- 4 apples, green or red, peeled and cored and chopped in half
- 4 onions, peeled and chopped in half
- 200 g butternut pumpkin, leave skin on chop into 1" blocks
- 60 g red capsicum, chopped into large pieces
- 60 g Worcestershire sauce
- 300 g white vinegar
- 270 g sugar
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 2 tsp Mixed Herbs
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
chop pumpkin into 1" blocks. pop into thermo and chop speed 7 for 4 seconds MC on
move to large bowl
Place onions, capsicum and apples into the thermomix bowl and blend on speed 6 for 3 seconds.
Remove and place into a large bowl with pumpkin
Place tomatoes into the thermomix bowl and blend on speed 6 for 5 seconds.
Remove and place into the large bowl where the onions and apples are.
Weigh in/add all remaining ingredients. Then place into the large bowl and rougly stir.
Place as much as you can back into the Thermomix bowl. I find all of it doesn't fit so I put in about 1/2 or 2/3. This is to let is reduce down a bit before you add the rest.
Cook at 100 degrees, speed 3, 30 minutes. Do not use the measuring cup but instead place paper towel over the bowl and put the basket on top.
After 30 minutes scrape down sides and add the remaining mixture from the large bowl.
Cook again at 100 degrees, speed 3 for 30 minutes. Again use the basket instead of measuring cup.
Scrape down sides and cook again at 100 degrees, speed 3 for 30 minutes. Use your judgement here, you might need only 20 minutes to reduce it to a good thickness. Again use the basket instead of measuring cup.
Now carefully blend, increasing speed up to 7 or 8 over 30 seconds.
Carefully pour into sterilised jars. I find it makes two big jars. Seal and turn upside down until cool.
This is great at the end of summer when you have got tomatoes and apples and onions in season.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Creamy Fruit Cake
- Passionfruit and coconut cake
- Variation Clone of World's Greatest Banana Cake - quick wholemeal version
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Bounty Cake
- French Chocolate Teacake
- Plum jam with apple
- All in one apple, carrot and blueberry cake
- Easy Lemon Cake
- Mango and Coconut pudding (low sugar)