THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 1 kg of ripe tomatoes, washed and chopped in half
- 4 apples, green or red, peeled and cored and chopped in half
- 4 onions, peeled and chopped in half
- 200 g butternut pumpkin, leave skin on chop into 1" blocks
- 60 g red capsicum, chopped into large pieces
- 60 g Worcestershire sauce
- 300 g white vinegar
- 270 g sugar
- 2 tsp coarse salt
- 2 tsp Mixed Herbs
- 2 tsp mustard powder
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
chop pumpkin into 1" blocks. pop into thermo and chop speed 7 for 4 seconds MC on
move to large bowl
Place onions, capsicum and apples into the thermomix bowl and blend on speed 6 for 3 seconds.
Remove and place into a large bowl with pumpkin
Place tomatoes into the thermomix bowl and blend on speed 6 for 5 seconds.
Remove and place into the large bowl where the onions and apples are.
Weigh in/add all remaining ingredients. Then place into the large bowl and rougly stir.
Place as much as you can back into the Thermomix bowl. I find all of it doesn't fit so I put in about 1/2 or 2/3. This is to let is reduce down a bit before you add the rest.
Cook at 100 degrees, speed 3, 30 minutes. Do not use the measuring cup but instead place paper towel over the bowl and put the basket on top.
After 30 minutes scrape down sides and add the remaining mixture from the large bowl.
Cook again at 100 degrees, speed 3 for 30 minutes. Again use the basket instead of measuring cup.
Scrape down sides and cook again at 100 degrees, speed 3 for 30 minutes. Use your judgement here, you might need only 20 minutes to reduce it to a good thickness. Again use the basket instead of measuring cup.
Now carefully blend, increasing speed up to 7 or 8 over 30 seconds.
Carefully pour into sterilised jars. I find it makes two big jars. Seal and turn upside down until cool.
This is great at the end of summer when you have got tomatoes and apples and onions in season.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Verena Probiotic Salad Dressing
- Hommus Cups - WA School Canteen Association Assessed - GREEN
- Vegan/Egg Free Variation No Fail, No Fuss, No Butterfly, NO Egg Mayo
- Satay Sauce
- Nanna's Lemon Butter
- Coconut Butter
- Vegan Nut Free Nutella
- Homemade Le Snack
- Kecap Manis (sweet soy sauce)
- That Thermo Woman - Small Batch Hollandaise Sauce
- Rich Tomato Sauce
- Tomato and onion relish
- Soft cookies with Okara (low GI)
- Viennese whirls
- Lady kisses (low GI)
- Chocolate on Chocolate Cheescake
- Easy automated yogurt - TM5
- Coconut Fingers
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Sam's Chocolate Brownies
- Michelle's Choc Chip Cookies
- Passionfruit & Orange Curd/Butter
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Lemon and White Chocolate Cookies