- 2 cloves garlic
- 80 grams pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon rock salt
Place the basil, parmesan cheese and garlic cloves in thermomix bowl. Blend for 15 seconds on speed 8. It will be of smooth consistency.
Add 150mls of olive oil (the more olive oil you add the runnier it will be. It is better for it to be like this when adding to cooked pasta).
I suggest you add oil by your own judgement, if you think it requires more than add more.
Blend again, speed 4 until combined.
Add pine nuts and rock salt. Mix for 15-20 seconds, speed 8.
This will make close to 500g. Scrape out in into a glass jar, add some oil on top to keep.
Accessories you need
Traditionally this is added to fresh batch of pasta and nothing beats it since there are no preservatives etc.
Fresh chilli can be added for that little bit of extra heat.
Add a teaspoon to minestrone.
Add to pizzas for topping as it adds bite.
In summer add to salad dressings for a fresher taste.
Layer it up by adding a dollop on top of a freshly sliced tomato with a slice of bocconcini on to a serving platter.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Spiced fig and Pear Jam
- Fig and Cocoa Marmalade
- Fig marmalade
- Spiced fig and honey jam
- Lemon & Passionfruit Curd
- Chili Chutney
- Plum Jam
- Passata (no onion no garlic)
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Minced beef Goulash
- Mee Rebus
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Lou's Best Lasagna ... EVER!!!
- Thai chicken curry risotto
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Prawn and Pineapple Curry
- Potato and Rosemary Gratin (Clone from River Cottage Australia).
- Variation Easy Tasty Tuna Pasta
- Tagliatelle with Saffron, Prawn, Mushrooms and Cream
- Asian Inspired Steamed Salmon