- 100 g coconut cream (not milk)
- 100 g raw cashews
- 50 g water or rice milk or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste (or extract)
- 2 teaspoon honey
Chop cashews on speed 7 for 10 secs, scape down sides and add coconut cream, vanilla, honey and milk/water and blend on speed 4 till creamy
I make my own vanilla paste equivalent by combining vanilla powder (dehydrated whole pods) with extract - 1/2 a tsp of each for one tsp of paste. This also avoids additive ingredients and gums put in commercial pastes. I get my vanilla from my local farmers market and they are also online at //www.blackpodvanilla.com.au/. You could just use vanilla extract in the cream but I love the speckled look in the cream. Alternatively scrapes the seeds out of one whole pod.
I add this anything that would call for cream, and also add it to CADA instead of yoghurt - if you want to make it more yoghurt like, use the juice from half a lemon instead of the vanilla.
You could also soak cashews with a pinch of salt for 4 hours, drain and rinse, and use without adding the extra milk/water - in this case just blend everything at the same time.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Peach melba Smoothie
- Jaffa Mud Cake
- Gluten Free Polish Plum (or peach) cake
- Gluten Free ANZAC biscuits
- Diddlee Dee Green Smoothie - for St Paddy's Day!
- Soft Butter for the Fridge
- Raw Choc Fudge
- The best gluten free banana pancakes
- Blueberry Bombshell Smoothie
- Vegetarian Kedgeree
- Banana bread with dates and walnuts - dairy and gluten free
- Almond Milk
- Peanut Salad Dressing Recipes
- Turmeric Latte Porridge
- Variation (Doubled) Healthy Apple Crumble
- Quick Pumpkin Soup
- Nana’s Beer Bread
- Honey and Pumpkin Bread
- Cashew Chia Breakie Cookies
- Raw Cacao & Almond Protein Balls
- Variation Muesli Balls
- Shady Grady Cheesecake
- Cauliflower Broccoli and Carrot Coleslaw (no cabbage!)