- 1000 g cream, thickened cream
- 200 g yoghurt, TM6 made yogurt or store brought natural greek pot set yogurt
- The culture starter in this recipe is yogurt, in particular yogurt that has been made using the TM6 fermentation mode. The yogurt in the recipe was made using the Thermogroover method https://www.facebook.com/thermogroovers/. If using store brought yogurt ensure that it is natural pot set greek yogurt. If it is not pot set the recipe will not work.
- Vinegar wash the . Put 1l of water in the bowl with an MC full of vinegar approx 30ml of vinegar. Select the kettle function and turn the thermomix dial to start the kettle.
- When the kettle has finished boiling discard the liquid rinse the bowl with cold water and dry the bowl with a clean tea towel.
- Weigh 1000g of cream in the . Set the timer for 3m, 40 deg, speed 2.5.
- Weigh 200g of yogurt into the bowl. Set the timer for 3 min, 40deg, speed 2.5.
- Select fermentation mode. Ensure that the timer is on 8hrs. Set the temperature at 40deg and turn the dial to start.
- Once the fermentation mode has finished place the cultured cream in an airtight container and place it in the fridge. Leave in the fridge for a couple of hours until completely set, then it is ready to use.
Fermenting the Cream
Once the fermentation mode is finished let the cream sit for 10-15 min till the cream goes back to room temp. This will assist the cream to set in the fridge.
To make cultured butter; once the sour cream has set in the fridge follow the cookidoo recipe on butter. The only edition to the recipe is the cream will need to be beaten for longer than the recipe indicates in step 1. If the solids and liquids have not separated return to the fridge again until the cream is very cold and try again.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding
- SUTLIJASH (RICE PUDDING)
- Brie and Salmon quiche
- Chocolate Mousse - 2 ingredients and egg free
- Variation Broccoli Soup
- Egg Free Pancakes
- Yorkshire Parkin (Gingerbread slice)
- Crayfish Cob Loaf
- Corn Fritters
- 'The Real Deal' Creme Brulee
- Our favourite Curried Sausages