- 100 g red or brown onion, peeled
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 180 g fennel bulb, stalks and fronds trimmed, bulb quartered
- 700 g ripe tomatoes
- 150 g white wine vinegar
- 120 g sugar
- 40 g pitted dates
- 30 g olive oil
- 2 pinches flaked salt
- gppd grind of pepper
8Recipe is created for
Place onion, fennel seeds, fennel bulb and tomatoes into mixing bowl and chop for 5 sec/speed 5.
Add vinegar, sugar, dates, olive oil, salt and pepper and cook 45 min/Varoma/speed 1, or until chutney has thickened slightly and the onion and fennel are tender. Continue to cook if you prefer a jammier finish.
Once Varoma temperature has been reached, remove MC and place TM basket on TM lid to prevent splashing.
Place chutney in a bowl for immediate use, or preserve in sterilised jars for up to 1 year.
I love chutney. I'll eat it on sandwiches (especially toasties) and with sausages, spinach pies and cheese platters. This chutney uses fennel seeds and fresh fennel for a double dose of aniseedy charm which is balanced by the sweetness of tomatoes and dates, and the kick of vinegar. It's a good one to bottle but you can also get stuck into it straight away.
For more Thermomix recipes and videos, see danivalentcooking.com!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Verena Probiotic Salad Dressing
- Hommus Cups - WA School Canteen Association Assessed - GREEN
- Vegan/Egg Free Variation No Fail, No Fuss, No Butterfly, NO Egg Mayo
- Satay Sauce
- Nanna's Lemon Butter
- Coconut Butter
- Vegan Nut Free Nutella
- Homemade Le Snack
- Kecap Manis (sweet soy sauce)
- That Thermo Woman - Small Batch Hollandaise Sauce
- Rich Tomato Sauce
- Tomato and onion relish
- Soft cookies with Okara (low GI)
- Viennese whirls
- Lady kisses (low GI)
- Chocolate on Chocolate Cheescake
- Easy automated yogurt - TM5
- Coconut Fingers
- Buttermilk Pancakes
- Sam's Chocolate Brownies
- Michelle's Choc Chip Cookies
- Passionfruit & Orange Curd/Butter
- Spiced lamb flatbread
- Lemon and White Chocolate Cookies