- 600 grams green apples, peeled, quartered, deseeded
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 660 grams sugar
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 320 grams dried figs
- 125 grams walnuts, toasted if you like
- 2 teaspoon agar agar powder
1h 5minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Chop apples for 15 sec / sp9 for smooth puree. Set aside.
- Add figs, chop 1/3 at a time so not to overload the blade. 4sec / sp7. Add the other handfuls and repeat. No need to remove.
- Combine all ingredients except walnuts. Add agar agar powder at this step if using. Replace mc with tm basket. Cook for 30min / / 100 degrees / sp 2.
- Simmer for a further 30min / / 98 degrees / sp2
- if thicker consistency required, cook a further 5min / / 100degrees / sp2
- Add walnuts and stir through for 10-15sec / / sp2. Pour into prepared muffin tins or jars and allow to set overnight in the fridge.
- Serve with cheese and lavosh or crackers. Stays fresh for months. Great gift!
Chop walnuts for 1-2 sec / Turbo. Set aside.
This paste sets soft but firm in consistency. It will keep the shape of a muffin tin for exaple, or just set it in prepared jars or containers if presenting as a gift.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- White chocolate and mixed berry muffins
- 30 Second Whole Lemon Cake
- Gingerbread Loaf
- Chocolate Hot Cross Buns
- White Chocolate and Apricot Hot Cross Buns
- Vic’s Sweet Chilli Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Zucchini Donuts
- Pate au Pistou
- Passionfruit Jelly cakes with Vanilla Custard Cream filling
- Honey and Rosemary Upside Down Fig Cake
- Failsafe No-mato Sauce