- 15 g garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, Quartered
- 400 grams chick peas, Drained &amp;amp;amp; Rinsed
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 25 grams lemon juice
- 5 grams Salt to suit taste
- 2-4 tablespoons Reserved chick pea liquid
Mince garlic 2 Seconds, Speed 7.
Add the onion chop 2 Seconds, Speed 7.
Add 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil.
Cook, 15 Minutes, 120C, Speed 1.
Reserve chick pea liquid as you empty chick peas in simmering basket before run under tap until it runs clear.
Add the chick peas, tahini, 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice and salt.
15 Seconds, Speed 4, scrape down. Or until everything is combined to your liking.
Then add reserved chick pea liquid 1 tablespoon at a time, 20 Seconds, Speed 4.5, Scrape down repeat 3-5 times, until the hummus is a smooth, thick and spreadable consistency.
Taste the hummus and add more salt or lemon if necessary.
Hummus can be made up to three days in advance and stored in a covered container in your fridge or frozen for up to 1 month.
Crackers, bread, or veggies.
Garlic and Caramelised Onion Hummus
Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C.
We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml.
All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed.
All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified.
All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- SIMPLE PASSION FRUIT ICE CREAM
- Grantham Ginger Crunchies
- Butterscotch Cream Ice-Cream
- FRESH CHERRY ICE CREAM
- Crayfish and Prawn Dip
- Piri Piri Seasoning
- Slow-Cooked Beef Curry
- GARLIC PRAWN & CRAB DIP
- Vegetarian Chicken Flavoured Stock Powder
- Osram’s Christmas Nuts & Bolts
- Chillied Corn Fritters
- CANDIED MANDARIN PEEL
- Variation Chilli, Garlic Tomato Prawns
- BBQ Smokey Sauce
- Pasta-less Lasagne
- Satay Sauce
- Chicken and Yoghurt Curry (Dahi Murgh)
- Tomato Ketchup
- Garlic and Caper Aioli
- Satay coconut curried vegetables
- Mum's Homemade Tomato Sauce
- Lemon and Garlic Yoghurt Chicken
- Vegetarian/Chicken Lettuce Cups
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles