- 125 g Roast Hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or paste
- 2 tablespoons macadamia oil, or other light flavoured oil.
- 2 tablespoons Rice syrup or Maple Syrup
Roast Hazelnuts at 180d for 10 minutes.
While cooling, rub hazelnuts together in a tea towel to remove the skins. Don't obsess over removing every little bit of skin it won't affect the taste and we could all do with a little bit of roughage in our diet right?!
Make a 'butter' from the roast Hazelnuts - 1 minute at speed 9
Scrape down bowl and repeat until smooth.
Add all other ingredients - speed 7 for 1 minute.
Dont overmix! We want this baby to live happily together, not seperate.
Try your hardest not to eat this entire jar after making it. I won't judge if you can't manage it!
NOTES: This makes a 'dark' version of nutella - if you, or anyone in your household prefer a milk chocolate flavour just add coconut cream or milk until it is at your preference. The nutella will then need to be stored in the fridge and will have a shorter shelf life.
If you use Coconut oil instead of macadamia oil and store in the fridge it will harden up, causing it to be a bit harder to spread.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cinnamon Butter
- Cashew Carrot Dip
- Beef Rendang (Indonesian Beef, Chilli And Coconut Dry Curry)
- Apple Banana Muffins
- Dotty’s favourite Light fruit cake
- Sticky Cinnamon Scrolls
- Carrot zucchini apple muffins
- Carrot and Zucchini Cookies (sugar free)
- Slow Cooker Chilli Con Carne (using whole beef)
- Walnut Cheesecake Slice
- Seeded banana and honey loaf
- Cinnamon crumble cake