- 50 grams brown sugar, (for a dark syrup otherwise raw is fine)
- 15 grams water
- 150 grams Boiling water, (must be boiling when you use it)
- 250 grams raw sugar
- 1 slice lemon
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add 50g brown or raw sugar and 15g water to bowl. Cook for 15 mins/120 degrees/speed 1 (MC on)
2. Add 150g boiling water, 250g sugar and slice of lemon (be careful as it can splash a little and it's hot!!!) Cook for 40 mins/100 degrees/reverse/speed 1 (MC off)
3. Put simmering basket into bowl and strain syrup into sterilised jar. Leave to cool with lid off for around an hour and it will thicken.
This recipe will give you the consistancy of the squeeze bottle golden syrup, you can cook it longer with a little more heat if you want it thicker.
Can be kept in the pantry for a few months if you used a steralised jar.
If you have a TM31, use varoma temperature for both steps 1 and 2
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Keto Garlic Cheese Crackers
- Keto Crustless Quiche
- Big Batch Homemade Golden Syrup
- Baked Custard Tarts
- Dairy Free Mushroom and Bacon Carbonara
- Yummy Easy Vegetarian Pasties
- Quick and easy Quiche
- Beef Cashew and Rice
- Lisa's yummy "plain" biscuits
- Curried Cabbage with Cashews (Vegan)
- Easy "no milk" chocolate milkshake - vegan sugar free single serve
- Individual Trifles like Balfours - kid friendly
- Shepherd’s Pie (Low Carb)
- Quick Beetroot Relish
- LCHF Iced Coffee
- Date & Weetbix Muffins
- Brown Rice and Chicken Salad with Asian style dressing
- Blueberry yogurt muffins
- Hunters Very Lemony Lemon Butter
- TIPSY TART (a,k.a - Cape Brandy Pudding)
- More Again Risotto
- Vegan Chocolate Chia Hemp Pudding
- Salted caramel & meringue tart
- Crispy nutty crackers