- 30 g extra virgin olive oil
- 50 g brown onion
- 50-80 g carrot
- 50-80 g red capsicum or other vegetable
- 1000 g ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 2 teaspoons Vegetable stock paste, or salt
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add the olive oil, onion and all the vegetables to the bowl, chop 5 sec / sp 5.
Sauté 3 min / 120°C / sp 1 MC in.
- Scrape tomato off lid, then cook for 30 min / 100°C / sp 1 MC in.
- Replace MC with simmering basket and cook for a further 15 min / Varoma / sp 1. Increase cooking time to reach the desired consistency.
You can add the jar to the simmering basket to sterilise at the same time.
- Pour in sterilised jar when hot, close lid and turn upside down for 10 minutes. Let the jar cool off and store in your pantry.
If you would like to use your sauce staright away, let it cool down, transfer in the jar and store in the fridge. Sauce will last approx one week.
Accessories you need
You can make it a "tomato and basil" sauce by adding a couple handfuls of basil instead of the "capsicum or other vegetable". Celery is also a good substitute to capsicum.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fig and Walnut Carrot Cake with Caramilk Cream Cheese Icing
- Slow Cooked Lamb Leg
- Sweet & Sour Pork and Rice
- Birria Tacos - TikTok Tacos
- Thai-Inspired Peanut Superfood Slaw
- Picnic eggs
- Savoury Mince
- Beetroot Soup
- Ginger zinger
- Paleo Meatloaf
- Hidden Veg Sausage Rolls by The Thermo Niche
- Thermomixtress' Favourite Savoury Mince Recipe