- 200 gram brown sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 eggs
- 2-3 pandan leaves, knotted
- 320 grams coconut milk, creamy part
1. Add sugar into TM bowl and mill (if required) 10 secs/ speed 10.
2. Add eggs into TM bowl and mix with sugar until sugar is dissolved 30secs / speed 3.
3. Cook egg sugar mixture 10mins/ 90C/ speed 3.
4. Add coconut milk and pandan leaves and cook 40mins/ 100C/ speed 2/ . Leave the MC out from the lid (or sit it sideways to prevent less splutter from the top) to let the steam escape and the kaya reduce.
5. Check to see if it is thick enough and if not, keep cooking in 10 minute intervals until it is just right.
6. Let it cool for about 10 minutes and then quickly blend 10secs/ speed 9 to get a super smooth consistency.
7. Serve on some hot toasty bread with a big knob of butter melted.
Accessories you need
This kaya should last 3-4 weeks in the fridge (if you can't resist eating if all the time!) and is originally published here //hermiethethermie.blogspot.com.au/2013/10/kaya-spread-in-hermie.html
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lemon (Meyer) or Mandarin Marmalade
- Variation Tomato Chutney (similar to Beerenberg's)..more zing, less sugar
- One Jar Passionfruit Butter
- Keto creamy avocado and coriander lime dressing
- Grapefruit Orange Chia Marmalade
- Coconut and Cashew Butter
- Vegan Cashew Cheese
- Lemon Curd - Dairy Free, Paleo
- Cucumber and Dill dip
- Creamy tomato pasta sauce
- One jar Speedy Pickled Onions
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade