- 400 g lemons
- 400 g Limes
- 600 g sugar, [approximate as actual quantity is determined after fruit is cooked]
- 500 g water
- 2 teaspoons Angostura Bitters
- 500 g water
Cut ends off lemons and limes. Cut each in half crosswise. Check that fruit is OK. Weigh fruit as put into bowl.
Add water to bowl.
Chop fruit speed 6 about 10 seconds.
Cook fruit for 10 minutes at 100 C speed 3.
Check fruit. It should be a soft pulp. If not continue to cook for additional 5 minutes.
Strain the pulp through the basket or a collendar pressing as much juice as you can into a bowl. Discard the pulp. Rinse bowl to remove any pulp.
Weigh the juice back into the bowl. Add same quantity of sugar as juice.
Cook at temp 100 C for 30 minutes speed 2. If the contents boil up too much decrease temp to 90 C. Stop spitting by using the basket on top not the MC. Check for jam set. Drop a small quantity on a cold plate. After 1 minute if you push the drop you should see ripples. This is set. If not set continue cooking. Set time for 30 minutes temp 90 – 100C speed 2. Check set again. Continue this routine until set. Two or three periods should be adequate.
When set add Angostura Bitters 1/2 teaspoon per 150 g fruit. Mix at speed 1 about 5 sec. You can see if mixed due to colour of bitters.
Pour into sterile jars to keep. Will keep for years if properly sealed. Will keep in fridge for months. A decadent spread for breakfast toast.
Sorry I could not photograph the ripple effect of the set jam. You can make more or less but keep the relationship of lemon and lime equal.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lemon (Meyer) or Mandarin Marmalade
- Variation Tomato Chutney (similar to Beerenberg's)..more zing, less sugar
- One Jar Passionfruit Butter
- Keto creamy avocado and coriander lime dressing
- Grapefruit Orange Chia Marmalade
- Coconut and Cashew Butter
- Vegan Cashew Cheese
- Lemon Curd - Dairy Free, Paleo
- Cucumber and Dill dip
- Creamy tomato pasta sauce
- One jar Speedy Pickled Onions
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade
- French bread
- Zanzibar Coconut Chicken Curry
- Zanzibar Spice Cake
- Eunji’s Chai Mix
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Keto Bread Rolls
- Satay Chicken Meal
- Best Ever Choc Chip Bikkies
- Mexican Chocolate and Banana Cupcakes
- Gluten free chocolate almond chunk cookies
- Chinese Style Chicken and Corn Soup
- Baked Salmon Risotto