- 1200 grams fresh tomatoes, any tomato variety; cherry, roma etc
- 3 tablespoon salt
- 125 grams apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoons mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons gluten free cornflour
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 200 grams brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons garlic infused olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoons dried chilli flakes, optional
2h 10minPreparation 1h 20minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
91st main course 2nd main course Appetizer Main course Side dish Starter Afternoon tea Breakfast Brunch Dinner Lunch Snack Supper Alcohol-free Children food Egg free Gluten free Lactose free Non-dairy Vegetarian Nut free BBQ Everyday Gift Holiday Party Picnic Creative Easy Low budget Natural Quick Australian Dip Dressing Egg dish (soufflé, omelette) Meat dish Pie, quiche Pizza, focaccia Sauce Spread Vegetable dish Pantry Preserving
- 1. Cut tomatoes into quarters and place into large bowl. Sprinkle tomatoes with salt, cover and stand for minimum of 1 hour or overnight.
2. Pour off brine and disgard (liquid from tomatoes).
3. Place tomatoes and vinegar into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5.
4. Place simmering basket onto the mixing bowl lid (instead of measuring cup) and cook 30 min/120 deg/speed 2.
5. Combine curry powder, mustard powder and cornflour; stirred with cold vinegar to a smooth paste. Add to tomato and vinegar.
6. Add all remaining ingredients into mixing bowl.
7. Place simmering basket onto the mixing bowl lid (instead of measuring cup) and cook 15 min/120 deg/speed 2. Mixture should thicken during cooking time.
8. Transer into warm sterilised, sealable jars and allow to slighly cool before. Tightly close with lid and turn jar upside and allow to cool. See Tips below for storage.
PUBLISHSAVE AS DRAF
Low FODMAP Tomato Relish
Accessories you need
Store open jars in refrigerator for up to 4 weeks.
Can store unopened jars in a cool, dark area for 6 months.
Serve your Low FODMAP Tomato Relish with your savoury favourites eg: quiche, use as a base sauce on your pizza, weekend breakfast bacon & eggs wraps, or on a classic meat pie.
This recipe was my Grandma's recipe. I have converted for my TM6 & made it Low FODMAP so I can enjoy without discomfort. Optional: you can add 400g of sliced onion at Step 1.
A great end of year 'Thank You' gift for teachers.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Spiced fig and Pear Jam
- Fig and Cocoa Marmalade
- Fig marmalade
- Spiced fig and honey jam
- Lemon & Passionfruit Curd
- Chili Chutney
- Plum Jam
- Passata (no onion no garlic)