- 3cm piece Ginger, peeled
- 2 mangoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds, (I use yellow mustard seeds)
- Juice of 1 lime
- 80 grams sugar, (I use rapadura)
Place ginger in TM bowl. Grate on speed 7 for 10 seconds (you may need to scrape down the sides halfway).
Scoop the flesh from the mangoes into the TM bowl and chop on speed 7 for 5-10 seconds (depending on how chunky or smooth you like it).
In a frying pan, heat the oil. Once the oil is hot, add the mustard seeds and stir until they are popping well. Turn off the heat. When mustard seeds have finished popping, pour them (with the oil) into the TM.
Add remaining ingredients and cook for 10 minutes on 100 degrees, speed 1. Then increase temp to varoma and cook a further 10-15 minutes on speed 1.
Note: This is NOT a preserve. It will only keep a week or two in the fridge. Use as a condiment for meat, or to add extra sweetness and flavour to sauces.
When popping the mustard seeds, I like to tilt the frying pan so that all the oil and mustard seeds gather in one spot. The seeds will pop in the oil without popping out of the pan and splashing you with hot oil.
This recipe was adapted for the thermomix from Bill Granger's "Feed Me Now".
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chocolate Mousse Cake
- 'Peanut Butter' Banana Fudge (raw, nut-free)
- GF Cheesy Rolls
- Raw 'Caramel' Dip (or Date Spread)
- Cookie Dough Truffles
- Gluten-Free Spinach and Ricotta Gnocchi
- Roasted Tomato Sauce
- Gluten-free, Egg-free, Dairy-free Vegetable Fritters
- ABC Milk
- Zucchini Flower Risotto with Thyme Oil
- Strawberry, Mango and Passionfruit Jam
- Strawberry & Vanilla Teacake
- Teriyaki Chicken - 20 minute quick meal
- Easy Peasy Chocolate Cookies
- Baked Cottage Cheese crepes
- Vanilla Slice
- Peanutbutter choc chip cookie
- Vanilla Fudge
- Venetian Biscuits
- Chocolate Coconut Biscuits
- Old-Fashioned Cooked Mayonnaise
- Calamansi Jam/Marmalade
- Super simple Orange and poppy seed cake...perfect for kids to make!