- 1000 g tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 250 g granny smith apples, peeled, quartered, cored
- 175 g brown onions, peeled, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 100 g white vinegar
- 1/2 level tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 level tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 level tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 level tsp ground nutmeg
- 5 --- black peppercorns
- 2 --- dried bay leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 100 g brown sugar
1h 5minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place tomatoes, apples, onion, garlic and vinegar into the mixing bowl and chop
5 sec/speed 7
Cook 40 min/100°C/speed 2 placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid
Add ground allspice, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, peppercorns, bay leaves, salt and brown sugar.
Cook 15 min/100°C/speed 2 placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid.
Mixture should thicken during cooking time.
Remove the simmering basket carefully, and insert measuring cup.
Blend 1 min/speed 5-10, increasing speed gradually.
Transfer into heated jars and seal.
Tomato Sauce Method:-
This sauce is great with a meat pie, or sausages, or whatever else you wish to smother in sauce!!
This sauce will keep in a sealed jar for 12 months on the shelf.
But once opened, I keep it in the fridge, for up to 2 months.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zingy lime and lemon marmalade
- Quince relish for Irina
- Easy homemade onion gravy
- Nanny's Bolognese Sauce
- White Sauce for lasagna
- Smoked Trout Dip
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Healthier Hazelnut Cacao Nut-ella - Dairy Free (Like Nutella) Soaking version
- Davidson Plum Chutney
- Vegan "Cheese" Sauce
- Chicken Liver Pate
- Feijoa Paste
- Chicken and Yoghurt Curry (Dahi Murgh)
- Salmon and Spinach Quiche with Pea Pesto
- Lebanese Easter Biscuits (Ma'amoul Biscuits)
- Passionfruit Slice (Gluten-Free)
- Lemon Curd Slice (Gluten-Free)
- Pearl Barley with Spinach & Pork Mince
- Lemon Delicious Pudding
- Apricot Loaf (Non-Dairy)
- Date & Walnut Loaf (Gluten Free & Non-Dairy)
- My Nacho Feast!
- Creamy Mushroom Soup
- Apple Shortcake
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- Sweet corn fritters
- Cheesy green capsicum chicken
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Scallion chicken
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- ThermoKitchen Seasoned Sushi Rice
- Sam's Simple Satay
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Roast cauliflower dhal soup
- Banana oat pancake
- Three cup duck tongue