- 1000 g tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 250 g granny smith apples, peeled, quartered, cored
- 175 g brown onions, peeled, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 100 g white vinegar
- 1/2 level tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 level tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 level tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 level tsp ground nutmeg
- 5 --- black peppercorns
- 2 --- dried bay leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 100 g brown sugar
1h 5minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place tomatoes, apples, onion, garlic and vinegar into the mixing bowl and chop
5 sec/speed 7
Cook 40 min/100°C/speed 2 placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid
Add ground allspice, cloves, ginger, nutmeg, peppercorns, bay leaves, salt and brown sugar.
Cook 15 min/100°C/speed 2 placing simmering basket instead of measuring cup onto mixing bowl lid.
Mixture should thicken during cooking time.
Remove the simmering basket carefully, and insert measuring cup.
Blend 1 min/speed 5-10, increasing speed gradually.
Transfer into heated jars and seal.
Tomato Sauce Method:-
Accessories you need
This sauce is great with a meat pie, or sausages, or whatever else you wish to smother in sauce!!
This sauce will keep in a sealed jar for 12 months on the shelf.
But once opened, I keep it in the fridge, for up to 2 months.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Latvian Bacon Buns - Pīrāgi
- Nut Bar
- Lasagne with Spinach and Ricotta
- Hotteok - (Korean dessert)
- Chicken and Yoghurt Curry (Dahi Murgh)
- Salmon and Spinach Quiche with Pea Pesto
- Lebanese Easter Biscuits (Ma'amoul Biscuits)
- Passionfruit Slice (Gluten-Free)
- Lemon Curd Slice (Gluten-Free)
- Pearl Barley with Spinach & Pork Mince
- Lemon Delicious Pudding
- Apricot Loaf (Non-Dairy)
- Passata (no onion no garlic)
- Multi-seed Gluten Free Bread
- Gluten Free Dagwood Dog in Sausage Roll Maker
- Green Chicken & Veg Curry
- Rich Tomato Sauce - for everything
- Sweet & Sour (not Pork) Cauliflower
- Chiko Roll - Gluten Free
- Brioche Hot Cross Buns
- Quick & easy pancakes
- Seafood Mornay Sauce
- Easy Four Seed Crackers