- 500 grams chicken livers
- 1/3 Cup Madeira, Buller Malmsey
- 2 Rashes bacon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Half medium onion
- 90 grams Butter
- 1/4 Cup cream
- Thyme (dried), Just a pinch
- Salt and pepper, To taste
12h 7minPreparation 12h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Soak chicken livers overnight in madeira, or at the very least for a minimum of a couple of hours.
2. Add into bowl onion, garlic and bacon, and chop for 2 seconds on sp 7. Scrape down sides of bowl and then repeat.
3. Add 60 grams of butter and cook for 3 minutes at 120 degrees on speed 1.
4. Add in livers and madeira. Chop for 5 seconds sp 7. Scrape down bowl, then cook for 2 minutes at 100 degrees on sp 4.
Check if cooked. Give another minute at 100 degrees, speed 4. Check again, and give another 30 seconds at 100 degrees on speed 4 if required.
5. Add remaining butter, melted, as well as your cream, thyme and seasonings. Blend for 1 minute speed 6-7.
6. Transfer into dishes, small rammikins are good and make excellent gifts. Refrigerate overnight.
This will last for up to a week in the fridge.
Mum always makes this for every occasion, but especially for Christmas. She will gift it out, and no one to date has found one better.
Buller Malmsey is an Aussie - and much cheaper - alternative to traditional Madeira. It is available for purchase from Dan Murphy's.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.