- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 30 g olive oil
- 30-40 g anchovies, in oil out of jar
- 40 g whole kalamata olives, pitted
- 15-20 g capers, drained out of jar
- 2 can 400g canned tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon veg paste stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- cracked pepper, to taste
- 5-10 leaves basil
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place onion, garlic, oil and anchovies into your TM bowl and chop 4 sec/speed 5. Add whole kalamata olives and chop for a further 1-2 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides with spatula, add capers and then saute 7 min/120 degrees/speed 1. Add canned tomatoes, sugar, salt, stock paste, basil and season to taste (not too much salt as it is salty enough from the anchovies and stock paste). Cook 20 min/100 degrees/speed 2.
Accessories you need
Serve hot or freezes well! Super easy to make if you have a spare half an hour or so, it is such a tasty sauce you will be amazed how delicious it is despite how easy it is to make!I also sometimes use canned cherry tomatoes instead of chopped canned tomatoes as they are a bit sweeter and create a nicer thicker consistency.
You can also add a can of tuna, some prawns or any other seafod of your choice if you prefer more of a seafood pasta sauce.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tomato and Salmon Dip
- Treens Cheese Sauce
- mykidslickthebowl.com Chocolate Hummus
- Low FODMAP Basil Spinach Pesto
- Lilli Pilli Jam
- Salmon Rilletes
- Avocado & Almond Dip
- Mongolian Sauce
- Fennel Pesto
- Cheat's Chilli Con Queso (Mexican Cheese Dip)
- Vegan Brazil Nut & Herb 'Not-Cheese'
- ITALIAN TOMATO SAUCE - PASSATA
- 'Squid Game' Stir Fry - Bulgogi Beef
- Bec's (Carmen's) Oat Slice Choc Brownie
- Fig and Walnut Carrot Cake with Caramilk Cream Cheese Icing
- Seafood Pie
- Vanilla Chai Mix (Similar to Arkadia brand)
- Slow Cooked Lamb Leg
- Cheese and Spinach Chicken Loaf
- Sweet & Sour Pork and Rice
- French Onion Soup Mix
- Cinnamon Apple Cake
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Risotto
- Creamy Frothy Coffee