- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 2 cloves garlic
- 30 g olive oil
- 30-40 g anchovies, in oil out of jar
- 40 g whole kalamata olives, pitted
- 15-20 g capers, drained out of jar
- 2 can 400g canned tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon veg paste stock
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- cracked pepper, to taste
- 5-10 leaves basil
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place onion, garlic, oil and anchovies into your TM bowl and chop 4 sec/speed 5. Add whole kalamata olives and chop for a further 1-2 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides with spatula, add capers and then saute 7 min/120 degrees/speed 1. Add canned tomatoes, sugar, salt, stock paste, basil and season to taste (not too much salt as it is salty enough from the anchovies and stock paste). Cook 20 min/100 degrees/speed 2.
Serve hot or freezes well! Super easy to make if you have a spare half an hour or so, it is such a tasty sauce you will be amazed how delicious it is despite how easy it is to make!I also sometimes use canned cherry tomatoes instead of chopped canned tomatoes as they are a bit sweeter and create a nicer thicker consistency.
You can also add a can of tuna, some prawns or any other seafod of your choice if you prefer more of a seafood pasta sauce.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zucchini Slice
- Spicy Rum BBQ Sauce
- Jam Drop Cookies
- Kahlua chocolate fudge
- LCHF Brownies with pecans
- Choc Protein Rum Ball Recipe
- Roasted snapper with Romesco, pickled vegetable and ricotta salad and a pink grapefruit Hollandaise - Mark Southon
- Mango mousse
- Thick Creamy Vanilla Greek Yoghurt
- Chocolate Gingerbread Fudge
- No churn Ice Cream (Parfait)
- Quinoa and Salmon Pumpkin Salad