- 1 onion
- 3 slices bacon
- 300 grams mushroom fresh (mild flavour)
- 3 tablespoons fat, preferably lard, or a fat that is solid at room temperature
- 500 grams fresh chicken livers
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel and roughly chop onion. Add to bowl. Chop SP7, 3 seconds.
2. Remove rind from bacon, and add to bowl. SP7, 1 second.
3. Add Mushrooms. Chop SP7, 3 seconds. Scrape down sides and chop SP7 3 seconds. Check to ensure all chopped.
4. Add a tbsp of fat. Scrape down sides. Varoma SP1, 5 minutes.
5. In a frypan, fry off small batches of chicken liver in remaining fat. Cut the pieces up with kitchen scissors as you go, so that it cooks evenly, and that you can keep a close eye on it, so that it doesn't burn. They are done when just pink in the middle, and not red, and don't release any blood when turned or pressed.
6. In TMX, blend cooked mushroom, onion and bacon mix. SP7, 1 minute. Carefully remove lid and scrape down lid and sides. Replace lid, SP6, 10 seconds.
7. Add livers. Puree SP7, 1 minute, gradually increasing the speed.
8. Scrape down lid and sides. SP7, 10 seconds.
9. Check to ensure contents are pureed. Continue blending if necessary.
10. Taste and season if necessary.
11. Transfer to glass or ceramic bowl. Cover with glad wrap and refrigerate.
12. Consume within a few days.
Accessories you need
Livers benefit from being pre soaked in lemon or lime juice for at least an hour. I normally use the juice of 2 lemons in a glass vessel to 500 g chicken liver.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Creamy tomato bisque
- Variation Balti Beef Curry
- Brie and Salmon quiche
- Variation Broccoli Soup
- Crayfish Cob Loaf
- Silverbeet & Feta Phyllo Bundt
- Corn Fritters
- Variation Spinach & Ricotta Rolls
- Spinach & Ricotta Rolls
- Chap Chae (Korean Noodles)
- Zucchini with tomato (kosa a banadoura)
- Thai Brinjal and Tomato Soup