- 8 --- pears, peeled and cored
- 100 grams water
- 2 --- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 500+ grams sugar, Raw Sugar is fine
Cut Pears, peel and remove seeds and stalk and cut pears into chunks. Add to TM bowl.
Add water and Lemon Juice
Cook on 100c/Spd 1 / 30 mins or until Pear is soft. If using really ripe pears you might only need to cook them for 10min.
Puree mix spd 8 / 10sec
Pour pear puree into a pyrex jug or other heat proof container.
Activate the scales and weigh the pulp back into the TM Jug.
Add approx 3/4 weight in sugar. (to work this out easily divide the total weight of the Puree by 4 and then times that by 3) (eg. If the total Puree is 800g, - 800/4=200; 200x3=600; so you need about 600g sugar)
Cook for 1hour / 100c /spd 1.5 with the MC off; can place the place simmering basket on top if the puree starts to splatter...
Use the spatula to scrap down the sides and cook for another 30min / 100c / speed 1.5
Then cook for 30mins varoma temp speed 3. Test on a cold plate if you like or just expect it will set.
Let the foamy bubbles settle down and pour into silicon muffin trays, lined tray or individual cups and allow to set.
You want these to set firmly so they a like jelly discs and will sit unsupported.
If still too runny when they have completely cooled - you could cook again at Veroma temp for 30min and keep testing as you go... or heat again and pour into a sterilised jar. It will be beautiful anyway.
Store in fridge - Keeps indefinately
If you were pressed for time or have watery fruit you could add gelatine or agar agar, but the storage quality will not be the same.
This can be made with plums and quince
Serve with cheese!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chilli laksa sauce
- Marmalade with Navel Oranges
- Chouriço Pâté (chorizo butter)
- Tobasco Sauce
- Passata Sauce
- Quick Avocado/Yoghurt Dip
- Tomato Sauce kids wont know the difference
- Almond butter
- Blue cheese sauce
- Capsicum Paste (biber salças)
- The Thermomixing Mum's Veggie Loaded Pizza and Pasta Sauce
- Sardine Paté - Portuguese Style
- Coffee Scroll Biscuits
- CRUMBLE CAKE WITH CUSTARD AND FRUIT (STREUSELKUCHEN)
- Moist & Light Chocolate Cupcakes with chocolate buttercream icing
- Banana and walnut muffins
- Cinnamon scrolls
- Chicken Fricassee (great with Smoked Chicken)
- Chorizo Risotto
- Jamie Oliver’s eggplant dhal
- The Best Cinnamon Scrolls you'll ever eat!
- Pasta Arrabiata (all-in-one)