- 6 sprigs fresh basil, - leaves only
- 2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 large onion
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 can Diced or Crushed Tomato, (400g cans)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 30 g olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoon sugar, (optional - see tips)
- 60 g red wine
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Add onion, garlic and oregano to and chop 3 seconds, speed 5 MC on
2. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and then add olive oil and sautee 3 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1 MC on
3. Add cans of tomato, tomato paste, basil, wine salt and pepper and cook 20 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 1. MC on
4. Blend over 1 minute starting at speed 4 and gradually increase to speed 8. MC on
5. Allow to cool down before adding onto pizza.
This makes enough for approx. 8 large pizzas.
If you find the tomato sauce to be very acidic or dont like the strong tomato flavor add 2 tablespoons of sugar in at step 3.
You can use 1 can of tomato if you prefer a stronger flavor and dont need as much sauce.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.