- 250 gram sugar
- 500 gram rhubarb
- 1 lemon juice
- 30 gram glace ginger, finely sliced
Recipe is created for
Place roughly chopped rhubarb stalks in TM bowl and chop for 10 secs on speed 9 to puree.
Move to a non-metallic bowl and add sugar and lemon juice and leave overnight, this will hasten the cooking process.
Finely chop glace ginger by hand.
Add rhubarb mix back into the TM bowl and cook for 25-30 mins.at100 degrees Celsius on speed1. Remove the MC and place basket on top of lid to contain the spitting.
Test to see if jam is ready by dropping a small amount on to a chilled saucer. If it begins to “gel” then setting point has been reached.
If not continue cooking for a further 2mins. at Varoma temperature
Remove any scum from the top of the jam.
Remove the muslin bag and when bubbles have subsided mix through the finely chopped glace ginger for 10secs.at speed 1
Pour jam into hot sterilized jars and seal immediately. The invert and leave to cool.
Rhubarb and Ginger Jam
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Plant Paradox Pesto
- Chedar Cheese Spread (Like Cheez Whizz)
- Bigilla - Maltese broadbean dip/paste
- Burger Sauce - Gluten Free
- Carrot Caviar
- Whey Caramel Sauce
- Vegan Butter
- KFC Style Gravy
- Coriander Pesto - Dairy Free
- Sugar-free Mixed Berry, Dates & Chia Jam
- Very Cheesey sauce
- Coriander Dressing with Maple Syrup
- Indonesian Mooncake
- Bread & Butter Pickles
- No bake Keto museli bars
- Chelsea Winter’s Afghan Biscuits
- Japanese cotton cheesecake
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Chocolate Scottish Tablet (Crumbly Chocolate Fudge)
- Chocolate Cake
- Filipino Pandesal
- Easy Gluten Free Blueberry & Ricotta Cake
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins