- 750 grams tomatoes, plus 2 extra tomatoes
- 1 red capsicum
- 1/2 large onion, (or 1 small/medium onion)
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons Rapadura Sugar, (or any sugar)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons TM veg stock
Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
Quarter the 2 extra tomatoes and place in TM bowl. Add sugar, oil, and veg stock to TM bowl. Puree on speed 8 for about 15 secs. You may need to scrape down the sides once halfway through.
Core the rest of the tomatoes and cut into wedges. Deseed the casicum and cut into 8 pieces. Cut onion into thin wedges. Peel the garlic cloves. Put them all in a roasting tray or two, ensuring they are in a single layer.
Pour the pureed tomato mix on top of sliced tomatoes etc, and stir to coat evenly (make sure they end up in a single layer again). Put roasting tray(s) in the oven and roast for 2 hours, or until the vegetables are starting to shrivel and caramelise.
Pour roasted vegetables (including juices) into TM bowl. Slowly increase speed to speed 8, pureeing for about a minute.
This will keep in the fridge for up to a week.
If you want to keep it longer, cook the pureed sauce for 15 mins, 100 degrees, speed 2 and pot immediately into sterilised jars. It will keep for a couple of months in the pantry, provided the jars are sealed properly. But it will be gone within a couple of months, this sauce is so yummy!
You can use it as a plain pasta sauce, or as a base for a more substantial pasta sauce. You can also use it to replace tomato paste in recipes, or instead of tomato paste on a pizza. You could even use this instead of tomato sauce (ketchup).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tomato Sauce
- Cumquat Ginger and Date Chutney
- Chilli Jam(Hoi An Chilli Jam taken from SBS food Magazine)
- Ginger Spring onion Sauce (to go with Hainanese Chicken)
- Spiced fig and Pear Jam
- Fig and Cocoa Marmalade
- Fig marmalade
- Spiced fig and honey jam
- Lemon & Passionfruit Curd
- Chili Chutney
- Plum Jam
- Passata (no onion no garlic)
- Chocolate Mousse Cake
- 'Peanut Butter' Banana Fudge (raw, nut-free)
- GF Cheesy Rolls
- Raw 'Caramel' Dip (or Date Spread)
- Cookie Dough Truffles
- Mango Chutney
- Gluten-Free Spinach and Ricotta Gnocchi
- Gluten-free, Egg-free, Dairy-free Vegetable Fritters
- ABC Milk
- Zucchini Flower Risotto with Thyme Oil
- Strawberry, Mango and Passionfruit Jam
- SEHAM’S FATTEH
- Spaghetti & Meatballs
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Minced beef Goulash
- Mee Rebus
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Lou's Best Lasagna ... EVER!!!
- Thai chicken curry risotto
- Quorn Chicken Style and Mushroom Stroganoff
- Prawn and Pineapple Curry
- Potato and Rosemary Gratin (Clone from River Cottage Australia).
- Variation Easy Tasty Tuna Pasta