- 400 g Canned Chickpeas
- 1 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp lemon juice, (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 4 tbsp tahini, (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp Evoo
- 4 tbsp cold water
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- OPTIONAL FIRST STEP FOR EXTRA SMOOTH HOMMUS:
Place the drained and rinsed chickpeas in a medium saucepan with 1/2 tspn of baking soda. Cover with about 5cm of water. Bring to a boil over high heat for about 20 minutes. Drain the chickpeas in a strainer and run cool water over them for about 30 seconds. Set aside.
1. Combine garlic, lemon juice and salt 10 secs/speed 5. Thoroughly scrape bottom and sides and repeat twice. Allow mixture to sit for around 10 minutes.
2. Add the tahini. 1min/speed 5. Thoroughly scrape bottom and sides and repeat until thick and creamy.
3. Add cumin and rinsed and drained chickpeas. 1min/speed 5.
4. Add olive oil, thoroughly scrape bottom and sides. 2min/speed 5.
3. Slowly add cold water through the lid while mixing 1min/speed 5.
Accessories you need
The light, creamy texture comes from the addition of the cold water.
Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkling of paprika, sumac, toasted sesame seeds, dukkah or spicy sauce such as shatah
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- German Chocolate Cake
- Happy cooks Malva pudding
- Fig & Almond Cake
- Risotto with Chicken and Baby Leaf Spinach
- GlazBro Silverside
- Satay Chicken
- Magnolia Kitchen 'Charlotte's' Chewy Chocolate chip cookies
- Cheesy sour cream and chives crackers
- Satay Chicken
- Apple Pie Porridge
- Habanero Mustard
- No-Fuss Dumpling Noodle Soup