- 2 Tomatos (ripe), Chopped into 1cm pieces
- 2 red capsicums, Diced
- 1.5 Green Apple (cored), Diced
- 2 onions, large
- 50 grams Fresh Ginger Peeled
- 4 Red Chilies, Small
- 20 grams Olive Oil.
- 200 grams apple cider vinegar
- 800 grams Chopped Tinned Tomatos
- 250 grams raw sugar
- 1 level teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 level teaspoons Caynne Pepper
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 2-3 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon all spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground corriander
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1-2 teaspoon white vinegar
Place the onions, chillis and ginger into the TM and mix 6secs/speed 5.
Place oil into TM and saute for 2 mins / Varoma / Speed 1
Place all other ingredients (apple and capsicum first) except cornflour/white vinegar into TM and mix with spaula. Cook for 60mins/100 degrees//Speed 1 and place the basket on top of the TM (to minimise spillage)
Mix the corn flour & the white vinegar in a small ramican/bowl with a fork until its a runny consistency and place in the TM then cook for a further 15 minutes/Varoma/ / speed 1
Once complete, transfer the chutney into sterilised jars, put lids on and turn upside down (to make air tight seal).
Accessories you need
1. I prefer a somewhat chucky chutney, which is why the cooking is on reverse, but if you like a little finer or as a paste then don't reverse when cooking. Also, if you prefer as a sauce, then you can place the apple, tomatos, and capsicum in the TM first and chop for 5-10 seconds on speed 4 or 5.
2. If you prefer less steps, you don't have to saute the onions, ginger and chilli. I reckon it tastes the same without, I'm just used to doing it that way.
3. When making this, the TM will be quite full (past the max level) and will overflow a little and bubble over. Don't worry, you can clean afterwards. You may want to just make sure that the basket doesn't create a seal over the hole.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Tomato and Salmon Dip
- Treens Cheese Sauce
- mykidslickthebowl.com Chocolate Hummus
- Low FODMAP Basil Spinach Pesto
- Lilli Pilli Jam
- Salmon Rilletes
- Avocado & Almond Dip
- Mongolian Sauce
- Fennel Pesto
- Cheat's Chilli Con Queso (Mexican Cheese Dip)
- Vegan Brazil Nut & Herb 'Not-Cheese'
- ITALIAN TOMATO SAUCE - PASSATA
- Fig and Walnut Carrot Cake with Caramilk Cream Cheese Icing
- Seafood Pie
- Slow Cooked Lamb Leg
- Cheese and Spinach Chicken Loaf
- Sweet & Sour Pork and Rice
- Cinnamon Apple Cake
- Creamy Garlic Prawn Risotto
- Churros Cake
- Banana Honey & Cinnamon Muffins
- My Everyday White Bread
- Treens Thai Pumpkin & Kumera Soup
- Treens Cheese Sauce