- 1 brown onion, peeled and quartered
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 30 grams oil
- 20 --- oregano leaves, (or 1 tbsp dried)
- 20 thyme leaves, (or 1 tbsp dried)
- 1 bunch parsley, (about 10 sprigs, leaves only)
- 1 Bay leaf (fresh or dried)
- 1 can Tinned Tomatoes (400g)
- 500 grams truss tomatoes
- 100 grams tomato paste
- salt and pepper freshly ground
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp water
8Recipe is created for
Place onion and garlic cloves in to jug, chop at speed 7 for 3 secs.
Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add oil and saute, Varoma temp, 2 mins, speed 1.
Add all remaining ingrediants - except cornflour and water.
Cook at 100 degrees, 16 minutes, speed 2.
Blend for 30 seconds, speed 9. Slowly increasing speed from speed 1 to speed 9.
Combine conflour and water, add to sauce and cook for 4 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2.
This sauce will thicken on standing. Pour into a suitable container for storing in fridge or freezer.
This makes a gorgeously thick pizza sauce. The truss tomatoes add a natural sweetness, and I've found dried herbs can work as well as fresh herbs, if fresh are unavailable to you.
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Vegetarian.
There is no added sugar.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zingy lime and lemon marmalade
- Quince relish for Irina
- Easy homemade onion gravy
- Nanny's Bolognese Sauce
- White Sauce for lasagna
- Smoked Trout Dip
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Healthier Hazelnut Cacao Nut-ella - Dairy Free (Like Nutella)
- Davidson Plum Chutney
- Vegan "Cheese" Sauce
- Chicken Liver Pate
- Feijoa Paste
- Zucchini and Potato Soup
- Chicken, pumpkin, basil pesto risotto
- Sweet corn fritters
- Cheesy green capsicum chicken
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Scallion chicken
- cron milk
- Stirfry greeg beans with potato
- ThermoKitchen Seasoned Sushi Rice
- Sam's Simple Satay
- Variation Chicken Broccoli Bake
- Roast cauliflower dhal soup