- 1 brown onion, peeled and quartered
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 30 grams oil
- 20 --- oregano leaves, (or 1 tbsp dried)
- 20 thyme leaves, (or 1 tbsp dried)
- 1 bunch parsley, (about 10 sprigs, leaves only)
- 1 Bay leaf (fresh or dried)
- 1 can Tinned Tomatoes (400g)
- 500 grams truss tomatoes
- 100 grams tomato paste
- salt and pepper freshly ground
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp water
8Recipe is created for
Place onion and garlic cloves in to jug, chop at speed 7 for 3 secs.
Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add oil and saute, Varoma temp, 2 mins, speed 1.
Add all remaining ingrediants - except cornflour and water.
Cook at 100 degrees, 16 minutes, speed 2.
Blend for 30 seconds, speed 9. Slowly increasing speed from speed 1 to speed 9.
Combine conflour and water, add to sauce and cook for 4 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2.
This sauce will thicken on standing. Pour into a suitable container for storing in fridge or freezer.
This makes a gorgeously thick pizza sauce. The truss tomatoes add a natural sweetness, and I've found dried herbs can work as well as fresh herbs, if fresh are unavailable to you.
This recipe is Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Vegetarian.
There is no added sugar.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Pineapple, Mango & Coconut Cookies (no sugar)
- The best beef burger patties-Gluten free
- Strawberry Mint Lemonade
- Cheat's sourdough
- Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- Basic Baleada
- CWA Afghan Biscuits
- Apple Banana Muffins
- Lebanese Cabbage Rolls
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon