- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 tbsp black mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 2 tbsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp chilli powder
- 3 cm fresh ginger, peeled
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 red chilli, deseeded if preferred
- 800 g tomatoes, tinned
- 120 g malt vinegar
- 60 g brown sugar
- 1 tsp sea salt
1. Place oil into mixing bowl and heat 2 min/Varoma/speed soft.
2. Add mustard seeds, turmeric, cumin and chilli powder and sauté 4 min/Varoma/speed 1.
3. Add ginger, garlic and chilli and chop 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl then sauté 3 min/Varoma/speed 1.
4. Add all remaining ingredients and cook 60 min/100°C/speed 1 with MC removed and TM basket on mixing bowl lid.
Set Kasundi aside to cool.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Chocolate fondant cake
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen