- 1000 g tomatoes, Roughly chopped
- 180 g Red Capscium, Roughly chopped
- 130 g red onion, Roughly chopped
- 100 g red wine vinegar, 2 x 50g added at different points
- 5 cloves garlic peeled
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon (level) Brown Mustard Seeds
- 10 black peppercorns
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon (heaped) Himalayan Rock Salt
- 100 g Rapadura Sugar
1h 45minPreparation 15minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Place tomatoes, red capsicum, red onion, garlic cloves and 50g of red wine vinegar into TM bowl. Chop 5 Sec / Speed 7.
Place simmering basket on top of lid and cook 40 Min / 90 degrees / Speed 2.
Add remaining red wine vinegar, spices and sugar. Place simmering basket back on top of lid and cook 40 mins / 100 degrees / Speed 2.
Mix 1 Min / Speed 10 making sure you raise speed slowly so hot sauce doesn't splatter.
If you prefer a thicker sauce (I do) cook for a further 10 - 15 mins / Varoma / Speed 2 with the simmering basket on top.
Transfer into preserving or recycled jar/s with twist top lid. After closing tight, turn upside down and cool.
NB Mountain loads of tips for sterilising and vacuum sealing jars can be found in the community forums.
Accessories you need
Brown mustard seeds can be substituted with milder yellow mustard seeds.
More cayne pepper can be added if you prefer a spicier sauce. Chili also makes a nice substitute if you like spice.
Himalayan Rock Salt can be substituted with normal rock salt.
Rapadura Sugar can be substituted with brown or raw sugar (flavour will be richer with the less refined sugars).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- mykidslickthebowl.com Chocolate Hummus
- Low FODMAP Basil Spinach Pesto
- Lilli Pilli Jam
- Salmon Rilletes
- Avocado & Almond Dip
- Mongolian Sauce
- Fennel Pesto
- Cheat's Chilli Con Queso (Mexican Cheese Dip)
- Vegan Brazil Nut & Herb 'Not-Cheese'
- ITALIAN TOMATO SAUCE - PASSATA
- Plant Paradox Pesto
- Chedar Cheese Spread (Like Cheez Whizz)
- Souffle - Spinach
- Birria Tacos - TikTok Tacos
- Chelsea Winter Morrocan Chicken and Apricot Salad
- Chicken Pumpkin and Spinach Cannelloni
- BBQ Pulled Pork
- Bestest Mac'n'Cheese
- Hidden Veg Sausage Rolls by The Thermo Niche
- Lamb Koftas with Yoghurt Dressing
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Donut ice-cream
- A1 Bakery's Cheese Pie by Haikal Raji - converted by Thermo Cazza
- Perfect Fish / Prawn Tacos with Slaw