- 1 green apple, Skin on, quartered and core removed
- 1 red capsicum, stem and seeds removed
- 1 brown onion, Peeled and halved
- 140 grams apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 heaped teaspoon mustard powder (dry mustard)
- 1/2 level teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 level teaspoon allspice
- 1 pinch cayene pepper, (optional)
- 15 grams Himalayan salt
- 100 grams raw sugar
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place apple, onion, capsicum and weigh tomatoes into the bowl. Chop Speed 8/10 seconds. (May need to do in two batches to fit under max line).
Add sugar, apple cider vinegar, mustard powder, cloves, Allspice, cayene pepper and salt. Blitz again if needed, speed 7, 10 seconds.
Cook 30 minutes /Varoma temperature/Speed 3/ reverse place basket on top.
Then cook another 15 minutes /100 degrees/Speed 3/ reverse, place basket on top
Depending on consistency you like, may cook again longer to continue to thicken. If required, cook another 10 minutes /Varoma temperature/ Speed 2/place basket on top
Pour into sterilized bottles and seal while hot. Place bottles upside down until cool.
Can store 12 months or more in pantry. Once jar is opened, store in the refrigerator.
Sterilize 2 bottles/jars - can be done by putting clean bottles in 100 degree oven.
May need to puree tomatoes before adding apple, capsicum and onion in order to fit under the maximum fill line. Judge based on your tomatoes.
Also great using cherry tomatoes.
Can omit cayenne pepper for less spice.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lemon (Meyer) or Mandarin Marmalade
- Variation Tomato Chutney (similar to Beerenberg's)..more zing, less sugar
- One Jar Passionfruit Butter
- Keto creamy avocado and coriander lime dressing
- Grapefruit Orange Chia Marmalade
- Coconut and Cashew Butter
- Vegan Cashew Cheese
- Lemon Curd - Dairy Free, Paleo
- Cucumber and Dill dip
- Creamy tomato pasta sauce
- One jar Speedy Pickled Onions
- Capsicum and Potato Tortillas with Olive Tapenade